PDA

View Full Version : Rikon Sliding TS questiond

C Scott McDonald
10-13-2007, 4:25 PM
I was looking at the new Rikon sliding TS Model 10-110 and it says it has a 49" travel. I was wondering if I could cut a 21" panel with that? I went to thier website but it didnt say.

I am also considering getting a Festool MFT and CS but that adds but to about a grand. I currently have a delta Contractors saw so it would be a nice upgrade for me. For another $900.00 dollars or so I could have both features

Thanks for any input.

Scott

Joe Spear
10-13-2007, 4:45 PM
Try calling their parts place in Woburn, MA. I'm sure the engineers there could give you the information you need. 781-933-8400

Cliff Rohrabacher
10-13-2007, 6:44 PM
21 inches goes in to 49 just fine. So yes.

Vernon Taylor
10-13-2007, 9:49 PM
I searched for Rikon Table Saw,it cited the ability to cut a full sheet of ply. I have the mid=sized Excalibur. To cut a full sheet on that it is necessary to move the fence to the back of the unit so the leading edge is against the fence there is a sliding tubular extentsion to provide support and a guide handle. Don't know on the Rikon but suspect the procuedure may be similar.

John Minnick
10-13-2007, 11:15 PM
I have that saw and asked the same question before getting it. I called their tech support and they confirmed that you could cut a full sheet of 4'x8' sheet of plywood.

After getting the saw and using it for a couple of days, the motor died. Turned out to be a bad start capacitor. Their tech support diagnosed the problem right away and sent out two replacement capacitors. It has worked flawlessly since then. So far I love the saw and the slide has come in very handy.

C Scott McDonald
10-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Thanks John, Sounds like the route I will go.

C Scott McDonald
10-14-2007, 10:54 AM
After looking closer there is not a miter gauge slot to the left of the blade. I guess i would have to reverse my tenoning jig to go on the right side?

John Minnick
10-14-2007, 2:01 PM
That is correct.

After looking closer there is not a miter gauge slot to the left of the blade. I guess i would have to reverse my tenoning jig to go on the right side?