PDA

View Full Version : I Need Craftsman Drill Press Ad PLZZZZZZZZ

Jamie Baalmann
10-12-2007, 9:39 PM
The website is showing the product isn't available. If anyone has a copy of the add that they could e-mail me or post i would greatly appreciate it.

Gary Keedwell
10-12-2007, 9:42 PM
The website is showing the product isn't available. If anyone has a copy of the add that they could e-mail me or post i would greatly appreciate it.
Ya ....you and 100,000 other guys:eek: :)
GK

Jamie Baalmann
10-12-2007, 9:47 PM
Yeh I looked at the ad and went in by the time I got there they had removed it from there website. Tool guy said if I bring it in I can have the one in the back. So if anyone has the ad printed I would greatly appreciate it.

Bill Karow
10-13-2007, 12:05 AM
I can fax you my web printout of the advertised price. It shows model #, sale price, and date.

Mike Goetzke
10-13-2007, 12:58 AM
Too Late....

Unfortunately, your order for the 17 in. Drill Press (Item # 00922901000) with sears.com (http://sears.com/) has been cancelled due to an error with the advertised sale price. The cancellation of your order is in accordance with our liability restrictions listed within our terms and conditions on our site. Your account as been credited in the amount of $179.99. The correct sale price for this item is $479.99. If you still wish to purchase this item for the correct sales price, please contact us directly at 1-800-349-4358 for personal assistance in placing a new order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

John Karam
10-13-2007, 1:15 AM
it could still be honored if they had one for pick up....but tomorrow is a different day tho

Rob Bodenschatz
10-13-2007, 10:27 AM
Don't know if this will help but here you go...

Rick Levine
10-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Here's a color version.

glenn bradley
10-13-2007, 12:09 PM

That shop has sailed. Many people got one. Some even have them at home already. It was a posting error that was quickly corrected but was honored in many cases.

Mike Goetzke
10-13-2007, 3:40 PM
Did you get one? Early this morning I got another e-mail from Sears (after receiving a letter last night saying it was a price mistake) saying my DP was ready for pickup. 45 min. later I had my second DP in the garage. Can't believe it, usually I'm at the tail end of these deals.

Jamie Baalmann
10-13-2007, 7:13 PM
Thx to those that posted the ad like I said i appreciiate it...

glenn bradley
10-13-2007, 8:05 PM
Thx to those that posted the ad like I said i appreciiate it...

Jamie, my sincere apologies for being a nay-sayer. I hope you get in on the deal!

Jamie Baalmann
10-13-2007, 11:20 PM
I did get in on the deal I took the print outs in that were so graciously provided and came out with the drill press for 160.94 because they ran it as a price match and took off another 30 dollars. NICE Thx again Rob and Rick

Suanne Lippman
10-14-2007, 12:28 AM
I did get in on the deal I took the print outs in that were so graciously provided and came out with the drill press for 160.94 because they ran it as a price match and took off another 30 dollars. NICE Thx again Rob and Rick

Let me be the first; you suck.
I got a pickup receipt for mine, and they claimed they didn't have any.

Rob Bodenschatz
10-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Thx again Rob and Rick

No problem Jamie. Glad to see you got the deal of the year.

Gary Keedwell
10-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Yea, congratulations on your early Christmas gift.;)
Gary K.

Brian Weick
10-14-2007, 11:11 AM
I was told that they not going to honor it. How is it that you guys are going to get this for 179 ? I called the tool department and they said it as a misprint and would not honor the price even if I brought the add with me. :confused:
Brian

Greg Pavlov
10-14-2007, 11:31 AM
I was told that they not going to honor it. How is it that you guys are going to get this for 179 ? I called the tool department and they said it as a misprint and would not honor the price even if I brought the add with me. :confused:
Brian
My guess is that what we are all seeing here is that Sears doesn't have a standard procedure in place to deal with mistakes like this, so individual stores, regions, etc. are either making up their own ways to respond or are picking and choosing among the procedures in place for other but related kinds of events. The internet is giving us this perspective, one that we probably wouldn't have gotten in the past, at least not until so far past the event that the details would have been forgotten by most.

John Karam
10-14-2007, 11:49 AM
I think the reason some employees are honoring it because they work off commission. Least I'm pretty sure thats why the guy I dealt with seem to go out of his way to get me the deal. Plus he told me that he does.

Jamie Baalmann
10-14-2007, 3:58 PM
I went in on the 12th and tried to use the kiosk to order and pick up in store but by the time I got there they had removed it from the website. I talked to the guy and he said they have one in back so if I brought in a print out they would honor it since it was from there web site. Went in last night late and neither the manager or the tool department guy knew anything about tools and it was late and she just said "swipe". It helps that the kid kept saying its from the website. She was like thats quite a discount (as I stood by quietly trying not to smile...) I felt like I crook when it was another 30 off.

Jim O'Dell
10-14-2007, 3:59 PM
Could be the individual make up of the store personel too. Manager may have an unwritten rule to take care of the customer in situations like this. Where another manager only sees the dollars at hand that she/he is losing. Jim.

Chris Barnett
10-14-2007, 6:03 PM
Perhaps Sears just pulled off one quick/slick advertising gimmick. Sell a few at really good prices [probably still above their actual cost to buy in China] to the few who picked up on it before Sears yanks the advertisement, then Sears charges off the loss in taxes and grins big. They even showed the $350 savings right in the advertisement. Mistake...NO WAY. Take a look at the perhaps worst annual tool sale event in Sears history...they had to do something! Their customer relations is so bad that Sears probably scored a positive overall influence because some folks actually came out of the fiasco with a DP.

Rick Levine
10-14-2007, 6:25 PM
Chris,

That's exactly the point I made on another board. Sears got some great advertising out of this. Good publicity or bad publicity. It is all publicity. People tend to forget the bad and just remember the name.

Eric Larsen
10-14-2007, 6:26 PM
Now if Festool would just make similar mistakes with their joiner....

Gary Keedwell
10-14-2007, 7:05 PM
Now if Festool would just make similar mistakes with their joiner....
Fe$tool rarely has sales....maybe little deals on discontinued stuff.:(
Gary

Danny Thompson
10-14-2007, 8:55 PM
On Friday, at lunch, I went to the Sears near my work and actually saw the sign hanging on the drill press: 179, normally $529, $350 off. I wasn't really in the market for a DP, yet. I was saving my pennies for a jointer, but, on Saturday thought better of it. I hadn't read that it was only thru 10/13, but when I logged back in today to see what time the store opened, the link was gone, as you all know.

Well, thanks to those that posted the ad, I printed it out and took it to the Sears nearest me (different from the one I went to on Friday). The clerk quickly deduced that it was an error, because it rang up for $479, and the benchtop model was on sale for $179. He said, "Sorry, I can't honor that price. Obviously it was a mixup."

I drove back across town and the first store still had $179 hanging, so, after reassuring them with my printout of the pdf above, they gave it to me for $179. Unfortuately, it was their last one.

I'm counting myself lucky. Sorry to you guys that missed it. Thanks everyone.

Jeff Stubbert
10-18-2007, 10:34 PM
For those of you who got the drill press, what do you think of it? I am sure it's tough not to love it for $179.00

I have a chance to purchase one locally from a Sears lottery winner for $350 in the box. Good deal?