PDA

View Full Version : Big exotic wood sale next sat. in Olean,Ny

Bob Hallowell
10-12-2007, 6:50 PM
I buy alot of my exotic wood from a place in olean, Ny called www.westpennhardwoods.com (http://www.westpennhardwoods.com). I was there today and picked up some good wood and deals and they told me they are having a huge clearence next saturday the 20th from 10a to 1p. They said a couple turning clubs are coming and the are sticking out all there 1 offs or peices with small defects and such.
I got some of that today. I got a few peices of Katalox 3"x3"x24 for $5 a stick. I got some 3x3x24 cocobolo and some macasar ebony that had a few checks in it for $1.50 a pound just to name a few. The guys are great there and very helpful, When I walk around there I feel like a kid in a candy store.

They just got in today a huge shippment of assuie burls I was one of the first to look thourgh them but after everything else I bought on only bought a couple peices of eucalyptus burl for peppermills and a small peice of brown mallee for a Hf.

If you have a chance you should go. I am just sorry I am going to miss it, but I am a pain in the butt and always walk out of there with a deal.

BTW, I have no affiliation with them but if you go tell them the Peppermill guy form DuBois sent you they will know who you mean!

Bob