PDA

View Full Version : Miter Saw Gloat

Jamie Smith
10-12-2007, 12:59 PM
I had ordered a miter saw from home depot online, and after various credit card problems (the purchase for some reason triggered a fraud alert with the credit card company), I ended up canceling the order-- which was lucky, since it now shows up as out-of-stock on their website.

Since I sold my few year old 12" dewalt scms, I needed a new one to put in the wood floors in my house.

I called up toolbarn on tuesday (had never purchased from them before), and they had the saw that I wanted in stock- the bosch 4410L. It arrived today, just in time for the weekend activities. Attached is the proof, on it's temporary home.

I will make sure that it is all tweaked tonight, and will post my impression when I post the details about the install.

Brad Ridgway
10-12-2007, 2:58 PM
Hi Jamie,

I'm curious how you got to chose this saw... i've been reading reviews at amazon and in taunton, etc and i can't decide between this, the 10" hitachi or the 10" makita.

I have an old 12" non-sliding/non-compound makita that isn't very accurate and am really thinking the 10" slider would give me less blade wobble, etc. But when i check the sliders out at Lowes, just seems like the they all have some play

thx in advance
-brad

Jamie Smith
10-12-2007, 3:11 PM
Not wanting to get flamed here...

I looked at the makita at home depot, and I didn't really like it. I prefer the horizontal handle (and the bosch can be adjusted). The bosch has the up-front controls, which is nice, and I really like the way the extra supports work on the bosch better.

The only hitachi ones that I have had my hands on always remind me of alien vs predator...

As far as the wobble, I agree that each of the scms's that I have used exhibit this to some extent, but to me the cutting capacity makes it a worthwhile trade off.