PDA

View Full Version : Freud FT2200E 3.25hp router $120 peachtree

Sam Shank
10-12-2007, 10:38 AM
I just got an email - but hurry. They only have 100 they said.

peachtree.com

Good luck! Sam

Jim Fox
10-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Do I need 2? My first one had a little mishap when I didn't get a panel bit tightened enough and carved up the base a little. Always said I would get a new one.

Hmmm.....think think think

Sam Shank
10-12-2007, 10:55 AM
I destroyed my 2000E by accident. A tiny machine screw was attracted to the powerful magnet, and was stuck near the fan on the amateur. As soon as I turned it on, the screw destroyed one or 2 of the fan blades. The fan was integral to the amateur. The cost of a new amateur was more than I paid for the router from william alden.

Anthony Anderson
10-12-2007, 11:03 AM
??? peachtree.com sends me to a software website. Could you post a link to the actual website? Thanks for the post, Bill

Randal Stevenson
10-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Peachtree is accounting software.
.ptreeusa.com is the site

Anthony Anderson
10-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks, Bill

Sam Shank
10-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Sorry. Should have checked:

http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_101207.htm

Gene O. Carpenter
10-12-2007, 1:26 PM
Thanks Sam,I needed another,my old one is about 10 years old now..There's only 99 left!!
Gene

Ryan Lipski
10-12-2007, 1:46 PM
Gosh, all of these deals today... First the DP, now this... The wallet is a little too light today...;)

Gary Keedwell
10-12-2007, 2:11 PM
Gosh, all of these deals today... First the DP, now this... The wallet is a little too light today...;)
Yea, and I just bought a Grex 635 pinner.:eek:
Gary K.

Ryan Lipski
10-12-2007, 2:55 PM
Yea, and I just bought a Grex 635 pinner.:eek:
Gary K.

Uhh geez, not another deal... My checking account can't take this anymore...

Jim Fox
10-12-2007, 6:00 PM
Uhh geez, not another deal... My checking account can't take this anymore...

Mine neither...........another $120 I don't have to spend but did.:D

Dwain Lambrigger
10-12-2007, 8:05 PM
Well, I won't say I have buyers remorse, because I havn't really tested it, but I just bought the Hitachi M12v2 (you know, the tennis shoe model) for $118. last month. I probably would have gone with the Freud given the choice.

Great deal, thanks for sharing.

Bill Ragland
10-12-2007, 8:12 PM
Well, I won't say I have buyers remorse, because I havn't really tested it, but I just bought the Hitachi M12v2 (you know, the tennis shoe model) for $118. last month. I probably would have gone with the Freud given the choice.

Great deal, thanks for sharing.

Same here, I like your tennis shoe description. You will love the power. Plows through hardwood without heavy breathing.

Rick Huse
11-07-2007, 3:08 PM
:confused: Hi, name is Rick, I just registered. I bought the Freud FT2200E from Woodcraft. I may have jumped too fast, please feel free to give advise. I'm sure it is a nice router, it's just that I jumped fast due to the price and wanting a 3 1/4 HP router for the router table I am about to build. Now I see it does not adjust from the top, and not sure what is the best way to go. I am not really ready to purchase a router lift that cost close to twice what the router cost me. I already have a Borsch 1617EVS with two bases, but wanted a larger router for permanent table mounting. Any advice?

Charles McCracken
11-07-2007, 3:13 PM
Rick,

If you feel you really need to adjust from above you might consider a lift like the Router Raizer. I am not affiliated with them but have installed and used their product on the FT2200E router and it works very well.

Michael Stanley
11-07-2007, 3:47 PM
:confused: Hi, name is Rick, I just registered. I bought the Freud FT2200E from Woodcraft. I may have jumped too fast, please feel free to give advise. I'm sure it is a nice router, it's just that I jumped fast due to the price and wanting a 3 1/4 HP router for the router table I am about to build. Now I see it does not adjust from the top, and not sure what is the best way to go. I am not really ready to purchase a router lift that cost close to twice what the router cost me. I already have a Borsch 1617EVS with two bases, but wanted a larger router for permanent table mounting. Any advice?

I use a Router Raizer with a FT2200 in my table. It's much less expensive then a dedicated type lift and works great. But even before the Raizer I didn't find the 2000/2200 all that difficult to adjust from below using the adjusting knob. It does however help to remove one or both plunge springs. Bear in mind that if you do remove the springs you can't use it for handheld work but I see that you intend it for table use only. In my opinion it's a great router. Enjoy.

Bryan Berguson
11-07-2007, 8:06 PM
Rick,

I have my Freud mounted in a table too. I just reach underneath and adjust the height. Doesn't bother me at all. It had gobs of power so it's just a little inconvenience.

Bryan

Randal Stevenson
11-08-2007, 9:08 AM

Rick,

If you feel you really need to adjust from above you might consider a lift like the Router Raizer. I am not affiliated with them but have installed and used their product on the FT2200E router and it works very well.

If you really want/need above the table height adjustment and bit changes, Freud has the new FT3000VCE as the 2200 series replacement. ($290 or around)
Besides the router raiser, you can do things in your shop:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=61607&highlight=router+lift

Rick Huse
11-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks to eveyone for the quick response to my concern. I feel much better regarding my "jumping on a good price" for the router. I will keep the Router Raizer in mind for sure, but will start out just trying the router in the table to see how much inconvienece it is, then go to the Raizer if it bugs me too much. Again, thanks to eveyone.