PDA

View Full Version : Help??

Bruce Volden
10-11-2007, 8:02 PM
OK gang I need some guidance. I have been engraving with a laser since 1995. In all that time I have learned a good deal. My "problem" (don't laugh) is removing / replacing that ever so thin and sticky protective plastic on laserable brass etc. In the past I only had a few to do at any one time, maybe 10-25 no big deal. Now I have been wracking my brain and fingernails on about 750 of the things. I know ONE of you has THE ANSWER???:eek: Thanx

Bruce

Scott Shepherd
10-11-2007, 8:35 PM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I always remove that prior to lasering. If you're talking rotary, then that's entirely different (a REAL pain). If laser, I remove it first, raster anything that needs it, and in some cases, but certainly not all, I'll put transfer tape on to vector cut. End product is a clean product with protective transfer tape that can be left on or taken off.

Kelly Bingham
10-12-2007, 1:48 AM
to remove the protective cover from metal, use a piece of masking tape - stick it lightly to the edge of the metal - and pull in a downward motion - I hope this makes sense.... i am trying to put a pic in here to illustrate it.