PDA

View Full Version : Repair Jobs Allowed

Bobby Hatfield
03-03-2003, 7:23 PM
This is a maximum repair effort on a piece of junk dragged into the shop, new top, leg estensions to raise table to 30", cutting the mahogany legs at the apron to insert spacers, chilled my blood and didn't warm up again till finished. Also turned two center legs to stop the swag, its 12'X4'. The way it looked in dining room made up for what I lost on overtime. Did I say I hate antiques.

Jerry P. Doan
03-03-2003, 7:45 PM
Bobby, that's absolutely beautiful work!

Dennis Peacock
03-03-2003, 7:55 PM
Great Job Bobby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep'em comin'.....

Dr. Zack Jennings
03-03-2003, 8:12 PM
Looks like a nice result & you whittled out that top with no heat in the shop. Your a tough & talented fellow.

We finally got a nice day in Arkansas. I hope there's more to come.

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
03-03-2003, 10:02 PM
Nice job, Bobby. Why is it the challenge of these jobs so captivates us that we agree to lose money just to torture ourselves worrying about how we are going to do the next step? I did promise LOML that I would not take on any more such efforts. Hope I can remember the promise the next time.(-:

Randy Miller
03-04-2003, 8:44 AM
Looks great!

Bob Lasley
03-04-2003, 8:55 AM
I know someone over your way that has this old bureau with hand carved legs that they want someone to............:D

I don't blame you for not liking those kind of jobs, I've gotten myself into some of those too. I would much rather make something new than try to repair or modify something old. Looks like you did a fine job!

Bob

Jim Izat
03-04-2003, 9:55 AM
Great Job!

--Remember, if it was easy anybody could do it. That's why they brought the challenge to an expert!--

Jim Izat