PDA

View Full Version : Think I'm hooked?

Steve Campbell
10-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Hi all.
Was just looking at Randy's post about seeing his tablesaw. Well I did use my tablesaw the other day and it only took 20 minutes to clean it off.
Got me thinking though. Here are a couple pictures of my dinning room table and matching hutch. It took me a while just to find a place to eat tonight.
Do you think there is any hope for me? Or am I past any help?

Steve

Jon Lanier
10-11-2007, 1:56 AM
This is kinda what a friend said to me. Meaning what is going to happen to my mental make up after I started turning:

You'll find that the only other tools you have time for are tools directly related to turning like the bandsaw, grinder, sanders... You'll never look at a piece of firewood the same way again... Driving home from the day job you'll find yourself imagining the number of turned birdhouses you could get out of a utility pole or railroad tie. You'll see a pretty girl sitting on a stump in the town park and your attention will be drawn immediately to the roots of the stump as you contemplate the burl possibilities...
Life will never be the same again...

So I'd say you out for a lost cause.

Bernie Weishapl
10-11-2007, 9:47 AM
Yep Steve your a goner!!!!!!;):rolleyes::cool: Jon's post said it all.

Mike Peace
10-11-2007, 9:52 AM
I had to laugh seeing your hutch. It looks just like mine loaded up with all of the stuff I have turned over the past few months as a new turner with the turning fever!

Neal Addy
10-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Turning clutter has never been a problem for me.

I just kick 'em out of the way as I walk through the house. ;)

Paul Engle
10-11-2007, 10:28 AM
You know, you will be really stuck when you decide to build a hutch :eek: ..... just for your turnings....:D . Let us know how it goes when you get it done ;) . LOML asked me about it once and I made some kinda a funny gurgling choking noise....snorted and r'donfl.....I got the cut list done yesterday....:o