PDA

View Full Version : Art Show

Jude Kingery
10-10-2007, 6:27 PM
This past weekend we had our first art show experience, it was really lots of fun! This is one piece exhibited out of 20. We sure learned a lot and everybody was very nice and pleasant. So that's cool. It was in a foundry and there were no tables, no anything - so we had to improvise, and did, and it seemed to fit in with the "Old West" theme of the show and everyone else's displays (paintings, sculpture/bronze castings, jewelry, bead making/sewing). Only sold one piece, but what it sold for astonished me (high) and also got to see my brother and family and friends, so Glen and I had a really good time. Met another turner, too, and got to see his set up, very nice. So just thought I'd share that and do feel free to give me any feedback or your show experiences you might want to share, and thanks in advance! Jude

Allen Neighbors
10-10-2007, 7:26 PM
Hello Jude, I like the display. The photo is small to my old eyes, so correct me if I'm wrong. Especially for a western motif, I like the idea of displaying a Mesquite bowl on the end of a standing Mesquite log.:D It really looks nice. It looks like cotton over leather under the bowl???
Now I know why I didn't meet you at SWAT. :)
Congratulations on the great sale, too. Well done.

Jude Kingery
10-10-2007, 8:30 PM
Thank you, Allen. Yes, I wasn't sure about photo size. The logs were draped with leather and then rabbit skins. Worked out pretty well! Yes, sorry to have missed SWAT, but we'll plan on next year. Thank you for your comments, one of these days we'll get through Childress and stop by! Jude

Tom Sherman
10-10-2007, 8:31 PM
That's a really nice bowl from what I can tell congrats on the show.

Jude Kingery
10-10-2007, 8:37 PM
Tom, thank you so much! That's a Mesquite and it was the favorite apparently by the patrons, nobody bought it - but lots of folks handled it and commented on it. It's about oh say 10" in height and about 14" in diameter or so. Mesquite's fun to turn. Thank you again! Jude

ryan kelley
10-10-2007, 9:30 PM
congratulations on the first show, I too had mine this weekend and made some sales and learned alot.

Bernie Weishapl
10-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Congrats on the show Jude. Yep mesquite is hard to beat for turning. Love turning that stuff. The bowl is a beauty.

Jude Kingery
10-11-2007, 3:14 PM
Congratulations, Ryan, thanks and you, too, Bernie. For sure, Mesquite is truly wonderful wood to turn! Thanks, guys! Jude

Paul Engle
10-12-2007, 9:54 AM
Judy, it looks like that bowl could hold a mess of beans alright, nice work and congrats on the show!!!