PDA

View Full Version : Can Not Open A Mac File

Frank Defert
10-09-2007, 5:18 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have a customer who has created some artwork on a Mac and every time she sends it to me I can't open it. It is marked as an eps file and I am using Corel 12 with the " all file formats " filter and can't import it to open.

Is it me, the file, or the Mac....any help greatly appreciated

Thanks....Frank

Mike Mackenzie
10-09-2007, 6:17 PM
As long as the Mac file is saved as A PC eps format it should work. Use the PS PRN Postscript Interpreted filter rather than all file formats

Frank Defert
10-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

This afternoon I received two files with the same titles but of different sizes from my customer. They are both labelled as eps, one I can open and one I can not. The one that does open does so right from my email inbox to corel 12. I now believe the problem is at her end and will call her in the morning to work on the rest of the files.

Thanks again....Frank

Bill Cunningham
10-09-2007, 10:48 PM
Tell her to publish them to a .pdf if their all converted to curves C-12 will import them with no problem.. The biggest problem will be explaining to the customer what 'convert to curves' means.. They don't call them Mac 'users' for nothing :D

John Kendall
10-09-2007, 11:47 PM
I use Mac's all the time. I can convert the file for you. Just email it to me and I'll convert it to jpg or whatever format works for you. My email is tralfaz59@sbcglobal.net

Bob & Elaine Robinson
10-10-2007, 8:51 AM
I've emailed Mac eps files to ULS and others using Corel and had no problems. I have, however, sometimes found that when I originate drawing files in a quirky program (such as Canvas) it is prudent to either save it as an AI (adobe Illustrator) file, then open the AI (or orginal eps) in Adobe Illus and resave in either format for export to Corel.

I work with modern publishing houses all the time and have found that staying in the Adobe family is becoming the safest bet. Lately, all my image transfer an embedded images have been in pdf - no problems.

Bob

Ralph Lindberg
10-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Bob is correct, and Canvas may be the issue here. I quit using it for various import/export file format reasons, including issues with EPS

Frank Defert
10-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks to all for your responses. The files arrived yesterday in an eps format that works fine in Corel, and the job is now underway!

Thanks....Frank