PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Jon Lanier
10-09-2007, 3:03 PM
Why is it when you get a new tool. There is an old tool just waiting to die on you. Especially when you were counting on it to compliment the new tool?

The Jet Dust Collector is down and I've got no clue what it's problem is. You all warned me about dust, I knew about dust...but great day with out the dust collector running my shop looks like the worse smog day in L.A.

-- Running out to get some throw away mask until the crisis is adverted. I was turning a Walnut Bowl.

Mike Golka
10-09-2007, 5:47 PM
Murphy's law!!

William Bachtel
10-09-2007, 6:24 PM
Actually the problem is its a Jet. Hope you get it fixed.

Bernie Weishapl
10-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Yep Jon you need a Trend or Dust-Be-Gone mask or something of that nature to go along with the DC. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Jon Lanier
10-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Okay, got it figured out. Switch went bad. Jury rigged it so it runs unless I unplug it. Will search for new switch tomorrow.

Paul Engle
10-13-2007, 9:49 PM
If ya cant find the same kind a simple 15 amp wall switch works untill you can order one. I had to do that on my table that thinks its a saw ..... Jet told me a week a week ago..... yea I have some f...... work to do for a customer so I can buy more gouges:eek: to put in my plumbing supply stuff....