PDA

View Full Version : New Shop Progress

Sean Troy
10-09-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm taking a short break from finishing the interior while the new grass is comming in all around the new shop. The window of oppertunity is short this year for planting grass. It's been in the 90's the last week and now willdrop to the 60's to low 70's. I think fall has finally come here. The link is to progress pictures of the shop building . http://www.woodturneddreams.com/shop.htm

Lewis Cobb
10-09-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm taking a short break from finishing the interior while the new grass is comming in all around the new shop. The window of oppertunity is short this year for planting grass. It's been in the 90's the last week and now willdrop to the 60's to low 70's. I think fall has finally come here. The link is to progress pictures of the shop building . http://www.woodturneddreams.com/shop.htm

Hi Sean - your shop is looking good. It's the same size as mine. I built mine as an extension on the back of my 2 car garage a few years back and it's been a slow process finishing it ever since. It's insulated - but for the opposite reason as yours - I'm up here in Canada and there's only about 3 weeks out of the year that I could use an air conditioner :eek:

Congratulations and look forward to seeing more pics as your progress proceeds.

Lewis

Jeffrey Makiel
10-09-2007, 3:49 PM
Sean...that's a neat project. You seem pretty darn capable in the construction department too! It's gotta be a lot of work, but you're now on the interior stuff which should be a little easier on the back...assuming you're not installing sheetrock, of course.

I often dreamed about a stand alone building for a woodshop. However, in New Jersey, land is at a premium, building lots are small and I would anticipate a $2,000 hike in my already ridiculously high property taxes.

By the way, nice website too!
-Jeff :)

Jim Becker
10-09-2007, 4:29 PM
Coming along nicely, Sean!

Jim Dunn
10-09-2007, 7:23 PM
Real nice looking shop and addition to the homestead.
Did the cable and electric company give you any grief over the cut lines?

Sean Troy
10-09-2007, 8:03 PM
Real nice looking shop and addition to the homestead.
Did the cable and electric company give you any grief over the cut lines?

No Grief. Quite nice actually. They were just glad no one got hurt.