PDA

View Full Version : twin tank compressor question

Chris Brault
10-08-2007, 7:28 PM
On a twin tank (2 gallon each) portable air compressor they talk about running multiple nailers with them, i get that. But, let's say your running just 1 framing nailer of a twin tank? Does that mean you have just 2 gallons of air reserve or 4 gallons?

Thanks for the help.

Mickey Finn
10-08-2007, 7:40 PM
I'd say the whole shootin' match is going towards your one tool, which is what it should be.

That said, I'd say if you can buy a similar volume one-tank model instead of a two tank model, you'll be better off. Something about the two-tank models that look to me more like marketing than performance.

I've never used a two tank, just my 2 cents, I'd be happy to stand corrected if someone pipes up to the contrary.

Dale Lesak
10-08-2007, 7:41 PM
Unless you have outlet on each tank and a check valve between them you have a 4 Gal reserve. It's just that you can make the two 2 gal tanks a little smaller then a larger 4 gal tank.:)

Carroll Courtney
10-08-2007, 8:22 PM
You should see a line going from one tank to the other.That's preatty common w/the 4gal compressors

Chuck Lenz
10-08-2007, 11:49 PM
You mean one tank isn't a auxilary tank ? :confused: No wonder I couldn't find the switch :D

John Callahan
10-09-2007, 9:30 AM
Chris, you'll have 4 gallons of reserve- there's a line connecting the two tanks. Generally you'll find twin tanks on larger hand held compressors for reasons of compactness and balance- on a 4 gallon single tank unit you'll more than likely find wheels.