PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Black Granite

Tom Cullen
10-08-2007, 5:35 PM
Just an FYI to anyone who may live in Southern Cal near " Tile Force" While I was talking with (phone) a sales person he mentioned that they had in stock supreme black granite. He is aware that I laser engrave and thought I would be interested. According to him , the granite is the blackest he has seen and has extremely little or NO flecking at all. I'm going to make a stop there Wednesday morning a have a look. Not sure about the price for a 12X12. I will keep anyone interested posted.

Tom

Thad Nickoley
10-08-2007, 8:18 PM
Good afternoon Tom, where is tile force?

Tom Cullen
10-08-2007, 8:28 PM
I Know in the San Diego area there are a few stores. I'm in Chula Vista ( south San Diego) the store closest to me is on Main street ( if you know the area) the price per 12X12 is $5.99. I haven't looked at it yet but if it's the way the guy say's , I will buy a load for an up comming job. The reason I first posted it was because I see other lasertile places selling it for like 50.60.70.80 bucks various sizes. This guy states that it's completly black with no, or very very little flecking in it.

Tom

Dean Flannery
10-09-2007, 1:52 PM
That type of granite is actually called "jet black", once you try it the difference in fine details between it and "absolute black" will look like night and day.
It doesn't come into the country very often so get it while you can, I bought 2 skids (almost 700 tiles) almost 2 years ago and my supplier still has not got any more in. Dean

Bill Cunningham
10-09-2007, 10:24 PM
When you look at it, flip it over, and compair the back colour with the face.. The back colour is what your naturally going to get when you etch it. The lighter the back the better it will look with or without white rub.. I have a 6" x .375 heart sent to me as a sample by a company in china, and it's BLACK .. I wish I could buy from them, but can't afford (or use) a container full...