PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin "Palm Pilot"

John Miliunas
02-04-2004, 10:38 PM
A buddy of mine just sent this to me and I just had to share. It's a hoot (and kinda' true, too!) :cool:

Kent Cori
02-04-2004, 10:56 PM
Hey, John, I'm a Badger and I resemble that remark! :D

John Miliunas
02-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Hey, John, I'm a Badger and I resemble that remark! :D
"Badger"??? What de hecke are 'ya doin' in Florida, then?! :confused: :cool:

Terry Quiram
02-05-2004, 7:07 AM
John

Shouldn't that say "Get beer and brats"? :D

Terry

John Miliunas
02-05-2004, 7:43 AM
John

Shouldn't that say "Get beer and brats"? :D

Terry

Terry,

Priorities, my friend. Priorities. A Cheesehead can live without the brats if he really has to. But the beer....I mean, what would you have to go with your pizza? And you need something to wash down those cheese and crackers. Good grief, what in the heck would you put on your cereal in the morning?! :D :cool:

Wolf Kiessling
02-05-2004, 9:03 AM
A buddy of mine just sent this to me and I just had to share. It's a hoot (and kinda' true, too!) :cool:

OH YEAHHHHH....... Isn't that how we Cheeseheads and ex Cheeseheads recognize each other?

Wolf

John Miliunas
02-05-2004, 9:39 AM
OH YEAHHHHH....... ex Cheeseheads Wolf

"Ex-Cheesehead"??? Really? And from what part of Cheeseville do you hail from? :cool:

Paul D. May
02-05-2004, 9:42 AM
"Ex-Cheesehead"??? Really? And from what part of Cheeseville do you hail from? :cool:

Thay are coming out of the woodwork...so to speak :p

Wolf Kiessling
02-05-2004, 10:13 AM

Milwaukee. Left in '56 when I joined the Navy never to return (except for short visits).

Wolf

Kent Cori
02-05-2004, 11:03 AM
John,

I was raised in Green Bay (you could see the stadium from my bedroom window and Bart Starr's son was a playmate), schooled in Madison and Whitewater, worked in Milwaukee until '85.

Why move to Florida? The high today in Gaineseville will be 76º while it will be 29º in Madison . Tonight I'll be finishing some raised panel doors in my garage shop with the door wide open and I won't be worrried about the snow drifting in! :D

John Miliunas
02-05-2004, 11:12 AM
I hear 'ya, Kent! As much as I'd like to have moved to a warmer region, LOML's family are almost all still Wisconsin-based and we're all within driving distance. She comes from a pretty big family and would too much miss not having them within driving distance. So, here I stay, putting up with the cold and snow in the Winter and road construction the rest of the time! :cool:

Chris Padilla
02-05-2004, 11:13 AM
Yeah, but you gotta fight off the bugs 24/7 from drifting in!! 29º will kill them suckers! :D Dontcha miss 4 seasons?

BTW, I noticed that guy in the pic is left-handed. I should be on CSI!! :)

Jason Roehl
02-05-2004, 11:24 AM
Yeah, but you gotta fight off the bugs 24/7 from drifting in!! 29º will kill them suckers! :D Dontcha miss 4 seasons?

BTW, I noticed that guy in the pic is left-handed. I should be on CSI!! :)

OR, he had a friend write the reminder for him on his dominant right hand so that he would see it more often....

CSI goof: One episode traced some superglue residue that dripped when a perpetrator tried to glue a wound shut, dripping due to a jerk-reaction to pain from the glue being applied to the wound. Doesn't happen that way....superglue does not sting on open wounds (at least it hasn't yet for me, and I've glued plenty of them shut myself). Now Nu-skin or whatever that stuff is...THAT is a different story....may as well use salt.

BTW, the reminder doesn't say what TYPE of beer to get, and that's the problem with you cheeseheads---any beer will do, which is why we have been given Schlitz and the like.
:D :cool:

Chris Padilla
02-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Super glue wounds shut? No kidding.... I'll have to keep that in mind but it sounds all right...I think. How're you feeling lately, Jason? :)

John Miliunas
02-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Super glue wounds shut? No kidding.... I'll have to keep that in mind but it sounds all right...I think. How're you feeling lately, Jason? :)

Yes, Superglue! Fact is, the medical field is its origins for doing exactly that! :cool:

Wolf Kiessling
02-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Yes, Superglue! Fact is, the medical field is its origins for doing exactly that! :cool:

I could be wrong but I heard that the Superglue (CA specifically) formulated for medical use is chemically different than that made for us chip/sawdust creators.

Wolf

John Miliunas
02-05-2004, 12:33 PM
I could be wrong but I heard that the Superglue (CA specifically) formulated for medical use is chemically different than that made for us chip/sawdust creators.

Wolf

Well, Dr. Kiessling, you're most probably correct in your assumption there. :D I really wouldn't doubt that, but I think the "basic" formulation is the same or similar. In any event, the stuff works great for protecting minor cuts and such. I find myself using it quite a bit in the Winter, when my skin gets so dry and just cracks open right on the fingertips and such. (only in Wisconsin.... :rolleyes: ) Now, when I'm in a hurry and apply it, then hit it with some accelerator...Now THAT smarts! :cool:

Dan Dubeau
02-05-2004, 1:17 PM
I always keep a tube in the medicine cabinet and a tube in the tackle box. You just never know when your going to need it. It works great.

Wolf Kiessling
02-05-2004, 1:37 PM
I always keep a tube in the medicine cabinet and a tube in the tackle box. You just never know when your going to need it. It works great.

Can't fight the crowd; I guess I'll add medical to my list of uses of CA. Has anyone checked to see of CA glue purchases qualify for Medicare. Sheesh, I forgot, most of you guys are babies. Never mind....

Wolf

John Miliunas
02-05-2004, 1:42 PM
Sheesh, I forgot, most of you guys are babies. Never mind....

Wolf

OUCH! Low blow! Cut right down to the bone with that one. Where the heck's my CA glue....? :D :cool:

Tom Hintz
02-06-2004, 3:30 AM
As long as we are owning up to points of origin,
I was born and raised on the south (sout') side of Milwaukee, spent summers in Marrinet & Birch Creek , MI.
We had this palm pilot deal down in the 60's!
One day during one of those 26-degrees-below stretches a guy offered to move me to Charlotte (it was 55-degrees there at the time) for a new job in motorsports and I have been here ever since.
I go back to Wisconsin (parents live in Wautoma) but only during the summer if I can help it.