PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Ornament

Bernie Weishapl
10-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Well have been hard at it making Christmas ornaments. Mostly mini birdhouses which sell pretty good and regular ornaments which sell well. These are made with the direction of Larry Hasiak from Florida. Easy to make and fast. I e-mailed him and he sent me a DVD that the Alabama Woodturners made during one of his demo's on HF's and Christmas ornaments. Anyway a couple more and will have a dozen each. I have been asked to display a half dozen each at the Art Gallery for display and for sale. See what happens. They are either finished with Deft spray lacquer or minwax spray poly. You can't see it in the photo's but the LOML also sprayed a few with glitter spray. They don't look bad. Only have the birds glued on 3 so will get the rest done later. All are hollowed out to 3/16". Comments and critiques welcome.

Bonnie Campbell
10-08-2007, 1:00 PM
They all look great! I'm going to have to get into my shop soon and start practicing.

Dennis Peacock
10-08-2007, 5:29 PM
Most excellent Bernie!!!!! I'd better get busy with a little lathe work for Christmas. ;)

Tom Sherman
10-08-2007, 8:46 PM
Alright Bernie, you have been hard at it haven't you, they're lookin good.

Pete Jordan
10-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Wow Bernie!

You really crank them out! It would take me weeks to make those. They look great!

Kevin McPeek
10-08-2007, 10:55 PM
You're not messing around are you. You've already done more than I'll probably get done this year.
Keep it up.

Neal Addy
10-08-2007, 11:02 PM
These are great, Bernie!

You and Curt have inspired me to give 'em a go.

dennis kranz
10-09-2007, 12:09 AM
I realy like those bird houses. Been looking for some time to give them a try. Thanks for the pics.
dennis

Bernie Weishapl
10-09-2007, 4:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have finished the last 3 today so have a even dozen of each. Now I think I will turn a bowl. Kinda gets tiring doing the same thing but they are fun and easy to make.

Christopher K. Hartley
10-09-2007, 4:36 PM
Way to decorate the tree there Bernie. Great looking stuff!:)

Shane Whitlock
10-09-2007, 7:56 PM
Great looking ornaments Bernie ... Love the bird houses.

Skip Spaulding
10-09-2007, 9:05 PM
They look great Bernie! Is that a birdseye maple house with a little bird on the perch? I think you have inspired me to give these a try, bet my grandchildern will love them.

Bernie Weishapl
10-09-2007, 9:48 PM
They look great Bernie! Is that a birdseye maple house with a little bird on the perch? I think you have inspired me to give these a try, bet my grandchildern will love them.

Yep Skip it is birdseye. You bet the grandkids will love them. My grandson who is 4 when Christmas rolls around he has to put poppa's house on the tree. Not a birdhouse but poppa's house. They sell pretty decent to. I have about $6 in them with the bird and not including my time which takes about 20 minutes to do one. Lota fun Skip. There are some tutorials on the web that will help.