PDA

View Full Version : Music box, brass plaques and movements

Scott Lingle
10-08-2007, 6:59 AM
If this post is in the wrong place, feel free to move it. Since it is for a woodworking project, I didn't think it belonged in off-topic discussions.

Anyone out there make engraved brass plaques like the kind you'd find on a trophy? I am making a music box for my wife for our anniversary and I'd like to put a small plaque in the lid.

On a separate, yet related note. I bought a 72 not music box movement from Rockler a while back. It comes with all the levers and such to work the shut-off, but either it didn't come with instructions or I have misplaced them. Any one know how they go together? The bag of screws and levers isn't being very helpful. Well, OK, I *know* where the knob goes to wind it :)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Scott

Lee Schierer
10-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Anyone out there make engraved brass plaques like the kind you'd find on a trophy? I am making a music box for my wife for our anniversary and I'd like to put a small plaque in the lid.

Scott
Most local trophy shops will engrave a brass nameplate for you for a few bucks Price will vary according to size and number of lines of text.

Sorry I can't help with your music box movement, did you try contacting Rocklers???

Scott Lingle
10-08-2007, 2:56 PM
Thanks Lee. I was going to try a trophy shop next. I was just curious whether creekers were interested in the business. I haven't actually called Rockler yet about the instructions. That'll probably be what happenes tonight.

Thanks,
Scott