PDA

View Full Version : Jet & Grizzly Jointer-Planer Demo

Jeffrey Makiel
10-07-2007, 1:15 PM
I stumbled across a little demo from the AWFS Fair in Las Vegas while surfing the internet. In the video, there's a quick demo of both the new Jet J/P and the new Grizzly J/P. I like the way the Jet converts from jointer to planer mode. But I have not actually seen, touched or tasted any of these machines in person.

Here's the linky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRowRSeDNm8&mode=related&search=woodworking%20workshop%20wood%20tools%20fur niture

I don't know if they are available yet. If you have either one, please provide comment.

cheers, Jeff :)

Eddie Darby
10-07-2007, 3:41 PM
Thanks Jeffery, I am enjoying the vids!:D

Greg Pavlov
10-07-2007, 9:08 PM
... I guess the colorized wood was inspired by colorized movies...

Curt Harms
10-08-2007, 10:37 AM
I had a problem turning finding the "drool off" valve. The grizzly is quite a bit heavier and has a 5 h.p. motor and the option of a segmented carbide cutterhead. The Jet is 3 h.p., is lighter and looks easier to convert from one function to the other. I haven't seen either one yet but these seem like a viable option for small shops. In terms of weight, the Jet combo machine isn't much heavier than the GO490 8" jointer and I just came home with some rought 9" cherry boards. Wouldn't a 12" jointer be handy for those?:D.

Curt