PDA

View Full Version : Sale at Craft and question about Magnetic starter

Hilel Salomon
10-07-2007, 8:53 AM
First of all, there is an unannounced end of summer closeout sale. I got a flyer with my Kelton bowl savers and saw lots of things are 30-70 off. Among them I saw a Kelton Hollower for $168, and a Nova Titan chuck for $165. I'm thinking on the chuck, but had just ordered two Grizzly's to go w/my Vicmarc and even I think that more than 7 chucks is a bit excessive.

I have a question for you. I noticed that several people were putting in remote control units on their Powermatic lathes, and was wondering if anyone had installed a magnetic starter on the right side of the lathe. I thought about putting a double pole switch there, and running the plug from the switch, but for some reason or other this gives me pause.
Regards, Hilel.

Dick Strauss
10-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Hilel,
Is the sale for Craft Supplies USA? What else is on sale? I missed their last sale.

Thanks,
Dick

Hilel Salomon
10-08-2007, 8:05 AM
The sale is at Crafts USA and there are hundred of items including pen tools, lathe tools, supplies, chucks and even some lathes. I just mentioned the items of interest to me. If you go to their web site, and click on their products you will find them, but perhaps you can get them to mail or email you the five plus pages of items.
Luck, Hilel