PDA

View Full Version : CA glue

Julie Wright
02-04-2004, 8:46 PM
Read this on another forum and thought with all the Pens we'll be turning we could use the help..

http://www.e-zbond.com/

A recent question about buying CA glue promped me to pass this along. Our local Vermont AAW chapter (The Woodchuck Turners of Northern Vermont) recently placed an order for CA, accelerator, and accessories that was $ 2.79 per 2 oz. bottle. We put together our needs as a club to meet the minimum order required to get CA at such low prices. The brand name is E-Z Bond, and the corporate name is K & R International.

We looked at buying 16-oz. or 32-oz. bottles and re-bottling it to save money (they sell many different bottles and tips), but it actually costs more to do this. The web site link is below, but there is no price information on the site; either give them a call, or e-mail them to have them send or FAX a current price sheet.

Chris Padilla
02-04-2004, 8:51 PM
I didn't realize we on the left coast made such a fantastic glue! :p

John Miliunas
02-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Read this on another forum and thought with all the Pens we'll be turning we could use the help..

http://www.e-zbond.com/

A recent question about buying CA glue promped me to pass this along. Our local Vermont AAW chapter (The Woodchuck Turners of Northern Vermont) recently placed an order for CA, accelerator, and accessories that was $ 2.79 per 2 oz. bottle. We put together our needs as a club to meet the minimum order required to get CA at such low prices. The brand name is E-Z Bond, and the corporate name is K & R International.

WOW...That truly IS some dynamite pricing! That stuff is a mainstay in my shop, particularly for turning and it's all I use for gluing pen barrels. Do you remember what their "minimum order" was, by chance? With all the Freedom Pens being made, I'd just about bet a lot of people are going through a fair amount of that stuff and we could probably get a "minimum order" together ourselves. :cool:

Jerry Stringer
02-04-2004, 11:04 PM
I'M IN!!!! I'M IN!!!

At that price I'd buy several bottles plus some De-bonder (I'm really tired of sanding my fingers!)

Jerry

Bud Duffy
02-04-2004, 11:46 PM
Me To Me To !!!!!

Julie Wright
02-05-2004, 5:54 AM
Still waiting on the answer for min. order.
Hopefully I'll get one today!!!
this group has been buying for a year and The only problem we've run into was that an entire batch of medium CA and black CA all went hard within a couple months. Everyone who bought some had the same problem. The company replaced our order free. We'll see if the next batch is better. As far as the thin & thick goes, no problems whatsoever.

Arvin Brown
02-05-2004, 2:06 PM
Don't waste your money on the CA debonder. All it is is nail polish remover! I'm in Marinette, WI right now where the factory is for USA Gold CA glue. I can buy (2) 2oz. bottles for $12. If anyone would like some I'll get it and ship it. Add $1 for shipping. You can pay to my paypal account: arvinbrown@msn.com.

Julie Wright
02-05-2004, 4:34 PM
The Min order is: Minimum order $100 you can mix any items

John Miliunas
02-05-2004, 5:27 PM
The Min order is: Minimum order $100 you can mix any items

Hey Julie, maybe we should get this info over to Ken, our very own Pen Supply Clearing House! OK, well, at least, *ask* him if it's a good idea? :cool:

Ken Salisbury
02-05-2004, 5:36 PM
Hey Julie, maybe we should get this info over to Ken, our very own Pen Supply Clearing House! OK, well, at least, *ask* him if it's a good idea? :cool:
John,

I sure would like to accomodate you. However, I have 42 separate orders for 1400 pen kits waiting in the wings to coordinate package and ship. This is only the first wave of bulk buy and free kits for the project. So to say the least - my cup runeth over. Maybe after the first wave is finished - I will look into it.

John Miliunas
02-05-2004, 5:59 PM
John,

I sure would like to accomodate you. However, I have 42 separate orders for 1400 pen kits waiting in the wings to coordinate package and ship. This is only the first wave of bulk buy and free kits for the project. So to say the least - my cup runeth over. Maybe after the first wave is finished - I will look into it.

Totally understand, Ken! Sheeesh...Didn't realize there were that many going out! That's good, right? (Mine is somewhere in there, too.) If you get free'd up a bit after that huge pen order, it may be something to look into. In the meantime, best of luck to you with all that you already have on your plate! :cool:

Julie Wright
02-05-2004, 7:15 PM
Hey John,
How about YOU join in on the fun and coordinate the Glue stuff

Bill Chapman
02-05-2004, 7:49 PM
Arvin
I appreciate the offer but my local woodcraft and their web site has the 2 oz bottles for 8.99 ea. All three thickness. This is the USA Brand also. You might check the price.

John Miliunas
02-05-2004, 10:02 PM
Hey John,
How about YOU join in on the fun and coordinate the Glue stuff

Hey Julie, don't think it didn't cross my mind! I'm still thinking about it, as a matter of fact, though LOML may have something to say about taking more time away from our house repair/remodel job. Haven't barely put a dent in that, yet. :cool:

Julie Wright
02-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Hey,
I still have the kitchen to finish, the bathroom, the fence needs staining etc.....

I'll get there some day.... :)

John Miliunas
02-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Hey,
I still have the kitchen to finish, the bathroom, the fence needs staining etc.....

I'll get there some day.... :)

Ditto on the kitchen and bathroom, as well as the fence (deck railings, actually) BUT, I do have a good excuse for the railings: We've got a foot of that white stuff out there! :D In the meantime, LOML just today bought a new basin for the upcoming bathroom makeover. I'm cruising the Internet for the faucet she wants. Damn, this stuff is *expen$ive*! :( Oh well, it's only money.... :cool:

Daniel Yourdon
02-08-2004, 8:11 AM
I would be up for 4 or five bottles myself. I will contact them about any other requirements for ordering. do they sell only to liscensed business etc. and see what i can put together. In the mean time for those that are interested e-mail me wiht the amount and type of CA you want. if the interest meats the min. I will put it all together.
please include your shipping info with your e-mail so I can start a file with everything I need. just as a ball park I will say shipping from me to you will be 3.85. this is what it costs to mail a video mailer. but I will do some shopping and get the price as low as possible.
DON"T SEND MONEY UNTIL I SAY SO THOUGH.
Daniel

Julie Wright
02-08-2004, 8:26 AM
Put me down for three bottles, one medium, one thin and one thick..

Thanks
Julie

Chris Johnson
02-08-2004, 11:04 AM
Hey Julie, as fast as you are going to be turning out pens, you better double or tripple your order! ;)

Put me down for three bottles, one medium, one thin and one thick..

Thanks
Julie