PDA

View Full Version : craft fair

ryan kelley
10-07-2007, 12:39 AM
I did my first craft fair today, out of 40 booths I was the only one with wood turnings. I was nervous about the reaction I was going to get, but overall the turnings were well accepted. I sold 8 out of the thirthy I had, I had to keep the prices low enough to sell but high enough to make a profit. I had a good price range $20 to $130,sold mostly in the $40 range. Just wanted to thank everyone for sharing their advice and knowledge. Will post some pics when I get them downloaded.

George Guadiane
10-07-2007, 6:57 AM
Congratulations!!!
I look forward to seeing the pictures! :D

Paul Heely
10-07-2007, 7:30 AM
Sounds like your first fair was a success. Congratulations. But, where are the pictures????

Glenn Hodges
10-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Congratulations Ryan. Any first time craft show which is profitable is a big success. Which items did the best for you?

ryan kelley
10-07-2007, 1:42 PM
It actually varied as to what sold, mostly the natural edge and a few pieces that were geometric in shape(4 sides and 5 sides). My pics have need to be adjusted the a yellow tint to them.

Jim Kountz
10-07-2007, 7:46 PM
Congrats on the craft fair, Ive done a few of them with furniture and things but didnt see the response I would have liked, maybe my stuff just sucked?? LOL Being fair to myself I dont think it was that so much as the cost of some of the pieces I took. I think people go to craft shows expecting to spend less than a couple hundred dollars and some of my stuff (furniture pieces) was over a grand.
I believe you have the right idea, keep it small and affordable yet priced to make a profit. Good luck on your next one too!

Bernie Weishapl
10-07-2007, 8:16 PM
Congrats Ryan. I did a few craft fairs and had about the same experience.

Bob Hallowell
10-07-2007, 8:17 PM
Congrads Ryan!!

Bob

Bruce Shiverdecker
10-07-2007, 9:32 PM
WTG Ryan, Keep it up!

Bruce