PDA

View Full Version : CorelDraw import problem...

Gene Buckle
10-06-2007, 4:55 PM
Hey folks, I'm hoping someone here can help me with this - I'm pulling my hair out over it. :)

I've got a file I've created in AutoCAD 2007 and saved as an AutoCAD 2004 drawing file so that CorelDraw X3 can import it. (problem also happens with a DXF file). I need to import this into AutoCAD in order to properly run the file in my Epilog Mini-24 laser.

The problem is that on import, CorelDraw screws up the font sizes - they're all increased. I can correct this by hand in CorelDraw so I know that it can render the right size, but I can't seem to force it to not screw up the fonts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all!

g.

Mike Hood
10-06-2007, 4:59 PM
I have similar problems here... and to be honest I take an easy shortcut (did it 3 times today). I import into TurboCad and then back out again.

Don't ask me how it helps, but I've fought that same problem more than I wanted and it's just easier to use a work-around.

I'll be watching to see if someone else has an answer.

Gene Buckle
10-06-2007, 5:48 PM
Ahh, bummer. What version of TurboCAD are you using? Did you export as DXF once you got it into TurboCAD?

tnx!

g.

Ed Lang
10-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Use .eps format for the export. Use an older version of the .eps format if needed.

Mike Hood
10-07-2007, 2:35 PM
Ahh, bummer. What version of TurboCAD are you using? Did you export as DXF once you got it into TurboCAD?

tnx!

g.

Actually just used ACAD 2004 DWG format. Somehow ACAD itself is too smart for it's own good. :)

Catia doesn't cause that problem as an aside... :(

Gene Buckle
10-07-2007, 2:50 PM
So you save the drawing as an AutoCAD 2004 DWG from TurboCAD or AutoCAD?

When I save in 2004 DWG format from AutoCAD 2007, I still have the text problem. Is there some other magic trick you're using?

tnx!

g.