PDA

View Full Version : "Used" tools for sale at Home Depot

Jason White
10-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Got a flyer in the mail saying Home Depot is selling off a bunch of used tools from its rental department.

I stopped by a couple of them. Inventory is different at each store.

I've seen better prices for "used" tools on Craigslist, etc. But if you need a new nailer, saw, etc. fast and don't want to pay to get a new one, you should stop by the orange "Borg" and see what they've got.

TP

Jeffrey Makiel
10-06-2007, 4:28 PM
Every Home Depot near me, and there are a lot of them, has used tools for sale in the rental department. Considering that they've probably had the dickens beat out of them, they were not reduced in price as much as I would be willing to pay.

However, they are quality name brand tools. Perhaps some modest loving care is all that's needed for occasional home owner use... if that's what you're after. I doubt they have any warranty from the manufacturer. But Home Depot may include them in their standard 90 day return policy. I dunno.

-Jeff :)

John Ricci
10-06-2007, 5:34 PM
I'm with Jeffrey...The common theme is "Don't be gentle, its a rental" and I would treat those tools as wildcards unless there is a decent warranty included...at any price. My .02Cdn.

J.R.

jason lambert
10-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Yea bought one and it was abused never started right. Won't do it again for the price you are much better off buying one off ebay or craigs list that had one caring owner.

Joe Pelonio
10-09-2007, 11:33 AM
"Don't be gentle, it's a rental" seems to be typical.

I once bought a car that had been a rental. We didn't know it until the title came, and it turns out that the dealer was not required by law to disclose that. In less than a year we spent over $2,300 for a transmission rebuild plus had another $1,600 in "secret warranty" work done. After that we traded it in
before anything else went wrong.