PDA

View Full Version : Some Real Quick help here guys!

Fred Voorhees
02-04-2004, 7:15 PM
Will be picking up Jim Beckers current Oneida shortly and just yesterday got the Oneida layout design and ductwork estimate and to say the least, I was a bit "sticker shocked". :eek: The LOML actually proposed dedicating our income tax return to the cost, but I don't know about that (though it does show what a sweetheart she is!) Anyway, I am looking at ways to reduce the cash outlay for the actual ductwork system. One of those ways is to make my own blast gates. Actually, I had already thought of this after reading many posts preaching the benefits of the shop fabricated gates. I got off of the phone with Jim an hour or so ago and he told me a couple of sites that had articles and pictorials on making these gates, but wouldn't you know it, I forgot them. Can you guys offer me the address of some of these sites so that I can go and check them out? Would sincerely appreciate it.

Glenn Clabo
02-04-2004, 7:26 PM
Our own Terry Hatfield did it..
http://www.terryhatfield.com/blastgates.html

And if you've ever seen his shop...they work!

Fred Voorhees
02-04-2004, 7:29 PM
Thanks Glenn, in fact, Terry's was the only name that I remebered Jim saying and I had already been looking at his site and I have to admit, his design is simple and seems to be the cats meow! My kudos to Terry for the design and yes, I did check out his shop. I have to ask though, is it REALLY necessary to have a reclining chair in the shop ;) . I only ask that because I don't think I could dedicate that needed space in my shop.

Dennis Peacock
02-04-2004, 7:44 PM
Thanks Glenn, in fact, Terry's was the only name that I remebered Jim saying and I had already been looking at his site and I have to admit, his design is simple and seems to be the cats meow! My kudos to Terry for the design and yes, I did check out his shop. I have to ask though, is it REALLY necessary to have a reclining chair in the shop ;) . I only ask that because I don't think I could dedicate that needed space in my shop.

Fred.....Terry's shop made blast gates are top notch. So much so that I got his permission to post the exact same blast gate info on my personal web site....although...I did his web site for him and taught him how to update his own web site with ease.....and he does good at it.!!! ;)

Easy to build AND easy to repair should anything ever go wrong with the gate.

Terry Hatfield
02-04-2004, 9:19 PM
Fred,

Oh man....you ain't got no recliner?????? :eek:

How in the world are you making it???? :D

Hopefully there is some good info on my site for your situation. Typically a PVC system like mine or Dennis' can be done for under $500. Including material for building the gates and flex hose.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.

Terry

Terry Hatfield
02-04-2004, 9:20 PM
d,

I am the master of cut and paste. :D

t