PDA

View Full Version : Air Hose

Randall Davis
10-06-2007, 11:35 AM
I need advise on a small diameter light weight air hose for my shop. Any brand names you would recommend?

Thanks,

Dan Clark
10-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Flexeel. Lightweight and tough. I have 25' & 50' in 1/4" and 100' in 3/8".

Regards,

Dan.

Randal Stevenson
10-06-2007, 12:04 PM
How long?

For sections where you have pipe run to an area, and just need something like a blow off gun or brad nailer, either a coil hose (yellow 1/4") or a section of Goodyear, make your own from someplace like the blue borg.

For longer sections of lightweight hose, I've seen several people recommend, and only recently got to handle the poyurethane hose. I think it would be fine for nailers and such, but not as durable as rubber, in an automotive (chemicals, being driven over) environment.

Brands to me matter less, as burst ratings, material, and price. In fact HF started carrying it locally now, which shocked me.

Gary Keedwell
10-06-2007, 12:04 PM
I need advise on a small diameter light weight air hose for my shop. Any brand names you would recommend?

Thanks,
I purchased Flexeel polyurethane 1/4" I.D. 200 psi a few months ago and it seems fine to me so far.
Gary K.

David G Baker
10-06-2007, 1:53 PM
Randall,
I use the coiled air hose similar to what is used on tractor trailer rigs that supplies air to the trailer. Not sure what pressure the hose I have will hold but it is light weight and self storing to some extend.

Jim Becker
10-06-2007, 2:43 PM
Flexeel. Excellent hose. I bought mine from Coastal Tool, but there are several sources.

Jim Heffner
10-06-2007, 10:42 PM

Thanks,
Randall, I bought a HF 1/4" 100' hose a couple of weeks ago, the rubber type with a 200 lb. busting strength. It is/ has been working fine for me
and is cheaper than the Goodyear hose that they also sell at HF. You might like it.