PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Gail!

Mark Ebert
10-05-2007, 7:28 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed yet, but Gail made the cover page of the September issue of Cabinetmaker magazine! For those who haven't read the article yet, it gives a very nice description of Hometown Woodworking and what her business is all about. Way to go! :)

I'm looking forward to seeing you in action on the upcoing PBS series next year.

Irvin Cooper
10-05-2007, 7:37 PM
Is there an online version of this magazine?

John Lucas
10-05-2007, 7:53 PM
YES, KUDOS TO GAIL, A fantastic cover shot and 5 pages inside. I dont think it is online but a fun video that is linked to their pages is on line and true Gail... here is the URL: http://www.cabinetmakeronline.com/home.asp.

To all you woodworkers trying to make a business of your skills, read Gail's feature story...there is a lot of good marketing genius in there. She is successful not because she is an attractive woman, but because of her business savvy and this article really covers that well.

Don Bullock
10-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Congratulations Gail. The cover picture looks great. It even shows you using a guard on your table saw. I printed out the article so that I can read it later.

BTW -- I couldn't get John's link to work so I tried http://www.cabinetmakeronline.com/

Gail O'Rourke
10-06-2007, 10:43 AM
http://www.cabinetmaker-digital.com/cabinetmaker/200709/?u1=friend&folio=32

Hi, Thanks All! There is a digital copy of the article - see link above -

Thanks again, it was fun to be featured.

John Lucas
10-06-2007, 2:23 PM
Don, it is the correct link but their server has been overheated thanks to our beloved cabinetmaker...she fried them. I think it is great that they have posted the whole story...look for that to be not available at times for the same reason. These people have to realize, when they do a story or pic on Gail, their server had better be oiled and ready.

Bob Marino
10-06-2007, 3:15 PM
Congratualtions, Gail!

Bob

Dennis Peacock
10-06-2007, 5:13 PM
Congrats Gail.!!! Wonderful write up!!! May you ever be successful.!!!! :D

Tim Morton
10-06-2007, 5:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEiybv06pJA

I can imagine Gail having her own TV show one day. She seems to be a "natural" :)

Art Mulder
10-06-2007, 9:42 PM
Thanks again, it was fun to be featured.

Great article. It's good to be reminded of the importance of business smarts along with woodworking smarts if you're going to make a go of it.

By the way, were those staged photos? I'm trying to make up my mind if dangling earrings are a safety hazard or not...:cool:

Kelly C. Hanna
10-07-2007, 2:58 AM
Great article, congratulations Gail!

Lori Kleinberg
10-07-2007, 9:26 AM
Way to go Gail. Great story. Looking forward to the show (hopefully it will play in my market).

Joe Unni
10-07-2007, 6:06 PM
Way cool Gail!!

-joe

Greg Narozniak
10-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Congrats Gail, You deserve it!

Anthony Anderson
10-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Congratulations Gail! We do need a show on fine furniture and cabinetmaking. Maybe this will wake up those that make the decisions at DIY, WGBH, HGTV, and let them know that we want to see this new style of program. Norm has talked of retirement recently, I hope not but you never know. That would be an interesting twist if he and the producers would decide to hand over the helm to a female craftsman, with Norm doing contributing shows/segments. Would seem like the best of both worlds for all. I would really hate to see New Yankee Workshop and Norm go off the air completely. Just an idea. Again Congratulations and Best Wishes. Bill

Jay Radke
10-08-2007, 1:51 PM
Gail,

The best part of the your video was the opening. Two great looking labs there!! :D

Jay

jeremy levine
10-08-2007, 2:24 PM
Congrats. Very nice article.

Dick Aubochon
10-08-2007, 2:52 PM
Gail, which lumber yard were you visiting during the "You Tube" video? I recently moved from Mass to Maine and miss Anderson McQuade.

Gary Keedwell
10-08-2007, 3:05 PM
Gail, which lumber yard were you visiting during the "You Tube" video? I recently moved from Mass to Maine and miss Anderson McQuade.
I was wondering, too. It sure looked alot like Downes and Reader from Stoughton, Ma.
Gary K.

Dan Forman
10-08-2007, 3:53 PM
Gail---Congrat's on the excellent write-up. I especially liked the sidebar on your service to the community. Looks like things are going well for you, as they should be.

Dan

Eddie Darby
10-08-2007, 4:31 PM
Kooooooooodoas!!!:D Nice going!

Gail O'Rourke
10-08-2007, 5:59 PM
Thanks all!

You got it - it's Downes and Reader - I am actually heading up there this week to pick up an order. They are a great lumber yard, they are in Stoughton.

Gary Keedwell
10-08-2007, 6:06 PM
Thanks all!

You got it - it's Downes and Reader - I am actually heading up there this week to pick up an order. They are a great lumber yard, they are in Stoughton.
Yea, It is one of my favorite places to shop. I picked up some cypress there last week. It was on sale because they milled it wrong. Sometimes they have some good sales.
Gary