PDA

View Full Version : Incoming!!!

Jason Christenson
10-05-2007, 5:52 PM
I belong to another board that caters to cigar smokers. Over there it is routine for members to "bomb" one another with unsolicited packages containing cigars and and cigar accouterments. When that happens the lucky recipient typically reports the bombing on the board.

In that tradition I would like to report that yesterday at lunch time I was bombed with a nice sized piece of mesquite by Jude Kingery. I look forward to getting that thing spinning and, assuming I don't blow it up all over my shop, I will post pictures when I complete it.

Thanks, Jude, your generosity is much appreciated! Also, sooner or later I will hit back.

Jason

Jim Becker
10-05-2007, 10:31 PM
"Bombing" is somewhat of a tradition here at SMC with the turners...right Ken? And yes, sharing is one of the most wonderful attributes of many folks in the turning and general woodworking community.

Pat Doble
10-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Sounds like Club Stogie - I've done some browsing around the pipe forum trying to decide whether I want to give it a real try.

The members here did a major b*mbing run (before I started posting here) - dropped poor Ken straight into the bottomless vortex of turning.

I don't think he's seen daylight since;) .

Ken Fitzgerald
10-06-2007, 11:14 AM
"Bombing" is somewhat of a tradition here at SMC with the turners...right Ken? And yes, sharing is one of the most wonderful attributes of many folks in the turning and general woodworking community.

Yeah but it sounds like his won't have the economic repercussions my "bombing" had.....but I sure smile more!:D

Dick Strauss
10-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Then there was the Pink Thong Bomb (PTB) after Ken! You know who you are Mr Thong man!

Ken Fitzgerald
10-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Yeah.....and then the "Mr. Tyler Thong" bombed a few of us. My wife still raises her eyebrows over that. :rolleyes: