PDA

View Full Version : Scary Video

Richard Magbanua
10-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Watch this video I found on YouTube. It's amazing how this guy got through life as long as he has! His skills on the tablesaw will make you cringe.:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp-bQQl3FWY

Ross Lowry
10-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Well he did on thing safe, he used the other piece of wood to push the other one away from the blade!

Lee Schierer
10-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Wow, He did one safe thing and at least a dozen wrong. He had the blade below the table when he did all the other dumb things. Pushing a captive board past the blade like that, is asking for a kick back. Looks like a nomination film for the Darwin awards.

glenn bradley
10-05-2007, 1:41 PM
My heart is still pounding. I just assumed that piece would kick back and knock him out. If you can post on You Tube, you have access to instruction manuals and safety posts. I hope his little girl was out of the room. No need to take her with him.

Paul Libby
10-05-2007, 1:52 PM
Wish he would compare the cost of a trip to the emergency room to the cost of a wood working class and a good saw. He would be saving a bunch of money by choosing the class and saw.

John W. Willis
10-05-2007, 8:46 PM
We ought to go in together and get a life insurance policy on him, I have a sneaking feeling this is just a small sampling of other stuff he does.

Jeff Miller
10-05-2007, 9:38 PM
I think it would have been way safer for him to hang the bucket on the board :eek: I mean .......come on.....it could have fallen off.

Jeff......feeling lucky that my Dad taught me not to do dumb stuff like that;)

Jeff:D

Roger Wilson
10-08-2007, 11:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgI62ow1AjU&mode=related&search=

In the list of related videos is this one. A guy cuts off his thumb on a table saw. Any one know if it is real or staged ? If it is real it will give you the creeps for quite some time. As the Hill Street Blues sargent used to say "it's dangerous out there."

Karlan Talkington
10-08-2007, 11:29 AM
I saw that one Roger and I would have to think it was staged.

For one his reaction seemed fake.
Second, for an amputation like that, there was very little blood.
The whole thing stunk of a set up.

Just my 2 pence

Richard Magbanua
10-08-2007, 4:03 PM
Yeah, it's fake. If you look close his "thumb" comes off away from the blade. Also, when he "starts" the saw the blade doesn't move. Nice try though!

Todd Jensen
10-08-2007, 4:37 PM
:D :D :D WOW! That is hilarious, death-defying or not. The last thing he needs to worry about is dust problems, or any other preventative safety gear - I don't think he's going to see the long-term effects of anything other than stupidity's effect on limbs and health.

Greg Peterson
10-08-2007, 5:02 PM
If you don't respect the tool, the tool will make you respect it. Hopefully his 'real' job doesn't require all ten digits.

Bob Marino
10-08-2007, 9:00 PM
This video has made the rounds on the forums and the consensus is that it's fake - for the cited reasons.

Bob

Roger Harper
10-08-2007, 10:06 PM
What about the saw kerf? Good effects??? Icut my finger off years ago on a table saw and don't remember a lot of blood.......should have been though. Not sure about this video. Good fake or.....

aaron hero
10-14-2007, 11:24 PM
Definetly fake, you could see he had the fake thumb attached to the board, when he came back to claim it he had to pull it off the board. started out good!