PDA

View Full Version : Another Box Elder Bowl

Pat Doble
10-04-2007, 10:15 PM
what else.... (I have sooooo many small - under 7" - blanks of this stuff on the shelves).;) :rolleyes:

Just over 5" x 2.25", finished with Watco Danish Oil, a couple coats of gel poly and Beall buffed. (My new 4" wheels left their usual 'fuzz everywhere' mess):mad:

I'm still experimenting with 'signing' methods - and this one is NOT the answer - way too thick and dark. Definitely need a finer pen.

As always, thanks for looking and critiques are always welcome.

Neal Addy
10-04-2007, 10:59 PM
Sweet! Purdy wood and a nice form.

Bernie Weishapl
10-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Pat it is a beauty. Gotta love the box elder.

Paul Heely
10-05-2007, 6:55 AM
Nice looking bowl Pat. The buffs will eventually stop shedding, but I think that's about the time they are worn down and have to be replaced :) .

Glenn Hodges
10-05-2007, 9:13 AM
Beautiful bowl Pat. Get an .05 archival pen from Walmart or some craft store.

Mike A. Smith
10-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Very nice classic bowl from some really nice wood!

I'm sure some of us would be willing to help you out with all that excess box elder. Just speaking for myself, you wouldn't even have to pay me anything!:D

Paul Engle
10-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Nice bowl , sounds like you got some salad bowls there in the making, or perhaps cerial bowls or ice cream or popcorn. I use an xtra fine sharpie and it works very well, box of 10 is 7.65$ here in Idaho.

Ralph Lindberg
10-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Pat, I have switched from ink to a burning pen. I bought one of the ultra-fine pen-tips and burn my name/date on the bowl. I even sign my pens (under the clip, using a 2.5x mag-eye)
Also, consider either taking the foot off, or making it something other then just a square-cut tenon.

Steve Schlumpf
10-05-2007, 1:16 PM
Nice looking little bowl Pat! Great colors and the curve gives the bowl a soft look. Agree with Ralph - if you modify or remove most of the foot it will blend in with the rest of the bowl and add to the overall look. Then you could sign it with a smaller tipped pen! Good work - keep them coming!