PDA

View Full Version : Oneida Blower and Cyclone Setup Question

dan mahler
10-04-2007, 4:03 PM
I purchased a used Dust Collector with a Cyclone Separator and planning to pick it up tomorrow. The details so far: Oneida 2HP blower (8" inlet, exhaust size?) and an Oneida cyclone (7" inlet and an 8" outlet) with all the ductwork, etc thrown in.

My question is, if I direct the exhaust (from the blower) outside I assume I don't need any filters or bags with this type setup. Are there any issues? Thanks.

Matt Meiser
10-04-2007, 4:12 PM
I exhaust my cyclone outside and there are a few others here that do as well. Theoretically, it could backdraft your furnace and hot water heater (if you have them) and suck the heat/ac air out of the building. However in my hobby shop I haven't seen that to be a problem since the cyclone is off a lot more than it is on.

My furnace has a positive pressure flue which shuts down if it isn't venting properly and I installed a CO detector to be safe.

dan mahler
10-04-2007, 4:15 PM
Forgot to mention my shop is detached (130 ft) from my home. Thanks.

sascha gast
10-04-2007, 6:39 PM
Dan, Just run rome pipe back into your house, that'll really freak your wife out:D

all kidding asaide, I also vent my 3hp gorilla outside and it is just great, there is no bag, no filter, no cleaning, just empty the drum and that's it. certainly the way to go, unless you are worried about sucking hot air in winter/cold air in summer out of the shop, then just do a return

Jim Becker
10-05-2007, 1:37 AM
No problem venting outside other than loss of heat in the winter and cooled air in the summer if that concerns you...