PDA

View Full Version : Bowl price tags

Mike Vickery
10-04-2007, 3:04 PM
Question for those of you that do arts/grafts shows. How do you put price tags on you bowls.

I know their are probably several ways to do it but just curious what different stuff people were doing.

It seems like a sticky tag would be the easiest option but I would worry about glue residue on the piece.

Thanks in advance.

TYLER WOOD
10-04-2007, 3:15 PM
RED MARKS A LOT INSIDE FOR EASY VIEWING:D

just joshin'!!! Never done a show with my wood working. But my wife uses tags with string then just tapes it to the bottom of her crafts. Seems to work well for her, but you do have to re-tape every once in a while if it gets handled a lot.

John Taylor
10-04-2007, 3:18 PM
HI

I use small removable labels from Avery I just had a look on their site www.avery.com (http://www.avery.com) and they do a whole range of them in the US.

I stick them underneath in the chucking recess and put a note on the table saying prices are on the base of the items.

I find I sell more by encoraging people to pick things up and very rarely have any problems with scratches etc.

Everything is unpacked and polished at the end of a show anyway so fingerprints arent a problem.

john

Glenn Hodges
10-04-2007, 4:00 PM
John, I use the little round stickers and apply them to the bottom of the pieces. People pick them up looking for the price or ask me and I tell them the type of wood and price is on the bottom.

Frank Kobilsek
10-04-2007, 4:42 PM
Mike

I use the little 1" Avery Stringed marking tags. Tape the string to the bottom. I use good Scotch tape. You can rub the residue off with your finger. This way the tag can stick out from under the bowl so people don't have to pick them up if they are not comfortable with that. I do also put out a sign that says 'Please Touch'. John and Glenn are right, people don't buy woodturnings until they grope them a little.

Frank