PDA

View Full Version : Is Lowes Dumping all Delta Tools

James Walling
10-04-2007, 10:56 AM
I have noticed in the last 6 months that Lowes is slowly discontinuing the sale of Delta tools. Is Lowes going to eventually drop all of Delta Tools?

Randal Stevenson
10-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Don't know what Lowe's is doing for sure (not afiliated). But I HAVE heard two possibilities.

1. Delta is going through a rebrand, from Delta Shopmaster to Shopmaster by Delta.
2. Lowe's was said to have been getting their own brand to compete with Ridgid.

Scott Long
10-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Word on the street is Lowe's is now bringing in JET.

Robert Mayer
10-04-2007, 1:09 PM
I heard they were getting rid of all power tools and only carrying hand tools like the old days :)

James Walling
10-04-2007, 1:09 PM
Thanks for the insight.

Steve Mellott
10-04-2007, 1:10 PM
Lowe's has already brought in a lot of Hitachi tools to replace some of the Delta tools.

Steve

Matt Meiser
10-04-2007, 3:07 PM
Lowes used to carry Jet and phased it all out for Delta. Probably whoever is giving them the best profit margin is getting their business this week.

John W. Willis
10-04-2007, 4:08 PM
I was in looking at their website last night at band saws and there were several jets there that weren't before and only one Delta.?

Dave Sabo
10-04-2007, 4:13 PM
Guys, the Lowes I frequent in Georgia and Alabama don't seem to be phasing out anything. No 30 buck Biesemeyer fences or $10 PC sanders that many talk about around here. I guess the merchandisers do a better job of buying what sells in the southeast.\

BTW , I remember last century when they carried only JET stuff for heavy duty arn. I thought it was because it was painted blue.

Darren Ford
10-04-2007, 5:14 PM
Here is another Alabamian who never sees a deal at Lowes. We get things on the clearance table like full priced returns, plastic tool cases, opened batteries, and currently, a stack of pen-size butane torches boxes with "part missing" written on them. Guess which part? The butane torch.