PDA

View Full Version : Craigs list Newbie question?

Kent E. Matthew
10-04-2007, 9:04 AM
When you see something you wish to have a look at and hit the mail button. Outlook Express pops up and you write them a note. How does that work? The seller gets the message? And if the item has been sold already chances are you will not hear anything in reply to your message?

Keith Beck
10-04-2007, 9:39 AM
Kent,

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. I for one absolutely hate it when people don't take the time to at least let you know that the item has been sold. That's why whenever I sell anything on CL, I respond to every e-mail. Just a common courtesy if you ask me...

Keith

dan mahler
10-04-2007, 9:53 AM
I agree with Keith. CL is great but the majority of sellers either do not respond to the emails once the item is sold and also NEVER delete the listing. I understand about not responding to the emails but at least delete the listing!

Suanne Lippman
10-04-2007, 9:53 AM
I hear back 4 out of 5 times.

Randal Stevenson
10-04-2007, 11:13 AM
When you see something you wish to have a look at and hit the mail button. Outlook Express pops up and you write them a note. How does that work? The seller gets the message? And if the item has been sold already chances are you will not hear anything in reply to your message?

As to how it works, when you post something, if you put in an email address (as compared to a posted phone number), the Sale-1234***, links to that email address, and forwards it.
The seller can edit his listing (eliminating the email and causing them to bounce back), if they are just too (censored) lazy to eliminate or mark sold the listing.