PDA

View Full Version : Rustic Bandsaw Box

Bud Duffy
02-04-2004, 9:37 AM
This is my very first attempt at making a bandsaw box, my brother explained the idea to me over the phone i dont know if i got it exactly right but here she is anyway! If i keep up raiding my juniper firewood pile i wont be able to heat my shop. It is about 7.5 inches tall and about3 wide and deep . The drawer pulls are little chunks of sagebrush just glued on with gorrila glue ,have i ever mentioned i like that stuff. The rest of the box is glued together with gorilla glue also. The finish is BLO, one coat and then Bealle Buffed.

Chris Padilla
02-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Very cool! I see these things all the time at fairs...I always like them but they aren't in the wife's taste.... :(

Mark Singer
02-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Very cool and original!

John Miliunas
02-04-2004, 12:10 PM
There 'ya go with that Juniper again! (I gots to get me some 'o that stuff! You've been a busy beaver in your shop there, Bud! Bowls, bandsaw boxes...What next? Nice job on the BS box. To repeat what Mark said, very original. You might also want to look into Suede Tex for flocking the drawers. Really sets them off nicely! :cool:

Robert Ducharme
02-04-2004, 5:18 PM
I think it looks nice, but I cannot understand how you fit your bandsaw in there!!! :D Do the two openings each contain a wheel? :confused:

Jim Becker
02-04-2004, 5:48 PM
Don't think of it as stealing firewood...please...this is much better than heat! Great job, Bud. I really like this bandsaw box as even though it has a "rustic" look, it's still quite sophisticated due to the interest of the wood and the shapes you used for the drawers.

Peter Stahl
02-04-2004, 5:49 PM
I like that, and if you get tired of it you can just throw it on the fire huh!

Pete

Jeff Skory
02-04-2004, 7:58 PM
Hate to repeat what the others said but the first words out of my mouth when I saw the pictures were "Very cool!" I love the design that was left on the topside of the box.

Now if I can just figure out if I'm really saying those things out loud or just thinking them in my head. :D

Bandsaw is the next tool on my purchase list.