PDA

View Full Version : Invalid File Format

Ed Newbold
10-03-2007, 12:58 PM
I could use a little assistance with this file, my friends. I'm using Coreldraw X3 and have it fully patched with SP1, SP2 and Hot Patch 1.

However, I am unable to import this AI file, getting an "Invalid File Format" error in Corel. When using my AI file viewer, however, it displays fine.

So, could someone please try to import it into their version of Corel, and if successful, save it back out in a .CDR for me?

Thanks a million!

Joe Pelonio
10-03-2007, 2:14 PM
Odd, I have never seen this happen before. On X3 it locked up the program but with Corel 12 it opened right up.

Ed Newbold
10-03-2007, 2:22 PM
Odd, I have never seen this happen before. On X3 it locked up the program but with Corel 12 it opened right up.Thanks very much for the assist. I, too, have never seen this happen before. I think I'll report it to Corel. Cheers,

Gary Hair
10-03-2007, 4:29 PM
Thanks very much for the assist. I, too, have never seen this happen before. I think I'll report it to Corel. Cheers,

That happens to me all the time with X3. I don't know why but it does. I "solved" the problem by using AI to open ai, eps, pdf, etc.

Gary

Marc Myer
10-04-2007, 1:08 PM
This happens a lot to me as well. I often have to save Illustrator files and open them in Corel, as Illustrator's print dialogs are hard to make work properly. But Corel 12 doesn't like many of the AI files I save.
Last night, after a frustrating fight with AI, I solved the Corel problem by exporting the AI vector and raster layers separately, then opening and combining in Corel.