PDA

View Full Version : Kinda driving me nuts!!!!!!!

Rob Littleton
02-03-2004, 11:31 PM
So, after realizing that I bought a Cigar bushing kit that had parts missing, Rockler (with GREAT customer care) sent me another one, this time with all 5 parts in the kit.

I cannot, for the life of me, follow the instructions of assembling the bushing kit on the madrel. It talks about the shorter bushing (2 are the same height, the other 2 are the same height, and one oversized one is shortest of all)

It is driving me nuts.

Any input PLEASE before I lose the little hair I have left.

Thanks

Julie Wright
02-04-2004, 6:40 AM
Rob,
Been there done it. You will need to get some calipers and measure each one of the bushings. then goto woodcraft.com and get the instructions for the cigar kit. Their instructions are better than most. There is also a pic over at www.penturners.org (new forum) of these bushings.

good luck..

Julie

Rusty Hughes, Indy
02-04-2004, 7:46 AM
Hello,

Here's how I setup my cigar pens. I first organize the bushings according to diameter. The I slide the third largest diameter bushing on followed by the short barrel. Then I slide the largest bushing on. Then the second largest bushing followed by the longer lower barrel. I finish with the smallest bushing. This order puts the top of the pen on first.

Hope this helps.

Ken Salisbury
02-04-2004, 9:26 AM
Bushings, bushings, bushings -- I have so many I can't keep-em straight. My method is simply to take a pair of dial calipers, measure the diameter of the kit parts and select bushings to match.

Jerry Stringer
02-04-2004, 10:57 PM
Rob,

I don't know if you knew this, but Woodcraft (I love that store!) has all of their product instructions on line.

Here's the link:

http://www2.woodcraft.com/website/e-controller/instructions_local.asp?view=all&

good luck!

Jerry