PDA

View Full Version : Bosch 1617 help please

Randal Stevenson
10-02-2007, 3:00 PM
In transporting my router, I seemed to knock the depth adjuster rods, lock knob out. While I could take the router into a shop and try to match it, the last thing I want to do is put something that is CLOSE but not the correct thread pitch and strip it (can you guess I've had that luck before).

Anyone have theirs handy and could check the stud to tell me what size and thread, I would appreciate it.

TIA

Gary Keedwell
10-02-2007, 3:14 PM
That is a bummer. I know this is a dumb question, but do you have the manual which might have the parts list? Maybe you could find it on their Web site..
Good luck,
Gary

Randal Stevenson
10-02-2007, 3:24 PM
That is a bummer. I know this is a dumb question, but do you have the manual which might have the parts list? Maybe you could find it on their Web site..
Good luck,
Gary

Didn't give a size, and I didn't see that listed when using the part number (was my first try).

Just as soon as I replace it, it will be found also.:rolleyes:

Leo Graywacz
10-02-2007, 3:26 PM
Bring the router down to the hardware store with you and just try a few bolts. Don't force anything and when you find the right one you will know it. I am pretty sure it is metric.

Bill Huber
10-02-2007, 3:53 PM
I would just go to eReplacment parts and order one, I think it would be around 99 cents. I get all my Bosch parts form them and have been very happy with their service.

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/bosch-router-parts-c-128_1119.html

Tom Veatch
10-02-2007, 4:21 PM
In transporting my router, I seemed to knock the depth adjuster rods, lock knob out. While I could take the router into a shop and try to match it, the last thing I want to do is put something that is CLOSE but not the correct thread pitch and strip it (can you guess I've had that luck before).

Anyone have theirs handy and could check the stud to tell me what size and thread, I would appreciate it.

TIA

Not sure exactly what part you're talking about, but if it's the one identified in the attachment, my measurements show it to be an M6 X 1 thread.

Randal Stevenson
10-02-2007, 4:36 PM
Not sure exactly what part you're talking about, but if it's the one identified in the attachment, my measurements show it to be an M6 X 1 thread.

Thank you Tom! Exactly what I needed. Ever since one experience with a wrong size bolt, I've been paranoid.

Bill, I looked at that site one time before, and I couldn't find the plunge base listed. Did you spot that base? If so, pm me a link, so I can figure out how I missed it.

Thanks all,