PDA

View Full Version : Kreg Klamp Table

Bob Sanders
10-02-2007, 11:54 AM
I subscribe to Kreg Tool's you tube videos online, and I just got a notification that they posted the video for their new Klamp Table. I saw this previously on some sort of 'woodworkers journal video' I think. Can't remember.

Anyway, thought you guys might want to see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrJXjpidqfw

Scott Loven
10-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Something else to keep your eye on!

http://www.kregtool.com/about_us/news_reviews/index.php?NEWS_ID=29

Bill Huber
10-02-2007, 12:24 PM
I subscribe to Kreg Tool's you tube videos online, and I just got a notification that they posted the video for their new Klamp Table. I saw this previously on some sort of 'woodworkers journal video' I think. Can't remember.

Anyway, thought you guys might want to see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrJXjpidqfw

That is a really nice table and I could use one but $400 is a little high for no more then I am doing right now. Now if I was making a lot of cabinets that would be a real help and worth every penny.

Bob Sanders
10-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Something else to keep your eye on!

http://www.kregtool.com/about_us/news_reviews/index.php?NEWS_ID=29

Thanks, I hadn't seen those yet. That almost looks like the same stand on the two products... I wonder if they are interchangeable? If so, that would be a good savings just buying one and switching the tops when needed, and a way to justify getting TWO new tools.

Haha, my wife will be so excited!

Scott Loven
10-02-2007, 1:18 PM
I sell Kreg items. The stand is the same for both and sells for about $150 by its self. The Klamp table top weighs 70 pounds so I am not sure how often you would want to be moving it. I would like to see the Klamp table and the router table combined. I think that it is a lot of floor space and money to tie up for most hobby woodworkers. I have had customers request this already.
Scott

Randal Stevenson
10-02-2007, 2:10 PM
I sell Kreg items. The stand is the same for both and sells for about $150 by its self. The Klamp table top weighs 70 pounds so I am not sure how often you would want to be moving it. I would like to see the Klamp table and the router table combined. I think that it is a lot of floor space and money to tie up for most hobby woodworkers. I have had customers request this already.
Scott

That is exactly what my father is doing. I told him to use the T track he had laying around, although he didn't do to the klamp, pulling the t track up (didn't both THROUGH).

With a seperate plate as an option to mount the pocket jig on, or slide it into the track (as needs vary).

Grant Davis
10-02-2007, 9:23 PM
I am in the process of making my own. I just ordered the aluminum extrusion from 80/20 (found on ebay), I got two pieces of 48" extrusion for $38. I bought 4 vise-grip clamps with the floating pads ($68) and took them to work, cut off the one side of the clamp and am making the blocks so I can weld them on the vise-grips. The base will be an older set up that I had for my Rockler router table. I am figuring I will have just about $120 in the complete set up.

I will post pictures when I have it completed.

Doug Rogers
10-03-2007, 1:26 AM
Kreg sells the track, the klamps and a set of 5 stops separately. I have almost finished my table top. It is almost identical to the manufactured product. The top will sit on a knock down work station. The bottom of the table has two cleats which sit on top of the work station's 2 x 4 frame. The kreg track has center lines to help you accurately position the bolt holes. Assembly couldn't be easier

The best part was the price. The do it your self top cost about $170. It definitely makes face frame assembly faster, easier and more accurate.

Doug

Bob Sanders
10-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Kreg sells the track, the klamps and a set of 5 stops separately. I have almost finished my table top. It is almost identical to the manufactured product. The top will sit on a knock down work station. The bottom of the table has two cleats which sit on top of the work station's 2 x 4 frame. The kreg track has center lines to help you accurately position the bolt holes. Assembly couldn't be easier

The best part was the price. The do it your self top cost about $170. It definitely makes face frame assembly faster, easier and more accurate.

Doug

Doug,
Could you post pictures of your solution for all of us? This sounds like a great alternative!

Doug Rogers
10-05-2007, 2:27 AM
We are still in the moving process and the shop is in the new house. I will be up there next week and will take some pictures then.

Doug