PDA

View Full Version : Woodmaster 2675 problems

David Duke
10-01-2007, 6:56 PM
I have the WoodMaster 2675 drum sander and have had no problems until about 30 min ago. I keep blowing the fuse on the conveyor motor, I've taken all loads off of it (even disconnected the drive chain) and it still blows it. I've turned the drive gear freehand and going forward it rotates fairly smooth and easy with the normal resistance of the gear box however when rotating it in the reverse direction it is rather tight and seems to be trying to lock up (and yes that is the direction in which the fuse blows).
My question is this, while the gear box can be opened (I haven't yet) there does not appear to be any lubricant level indicator nor do I know what type to use, has anyone had this problem before?
The owners manual does not have anything in it in regards to preventative service and there is nothing on the web site I can find. They are closed for the evening so I hoped to get some advice here.

Thanks in advance

Jim King
10-01-2007, 8:55 PM
I had a Woodmaster sander several years ago and burnt out many variable speed motors. The good thing is that they replaced every one without question and said it was a batch of bad motors from the supplier.

Questionable product but great people. I would even do it again if I was at that stage.

Bruce Page
10-01-2007, 9:25 PM
David, I just put a reversing switch on my 2675 and so far haven't had any problems. I would give Woodmaster a call and see what thay have to say.