PDA

View Full Version : Unifence Instructions

Dean Souleles
10-01-2007, 9:59 AM
I just purchased a very nice used Delta 36-451 contractor saw with a U30 Unifence and extension table. It did not come with a manual for the Unifence and I have never used a Unifence before. I was unable to find a manual on the web. The fence is already installed, but I'm not sure what the different knobs and adjusments are for. Can someone briefly describe how to use the fence or point me to web site where I can read about it.

Thanks,

Dean

Mike Wilkins
10-01-2007, 10:06 AM
The 2 large black nuts on the front of the main casting are for the angle adjustment of the fence. These make sure your fence is parallel to the blade.
If I remember correctly (I am at work), the 2 allen head set screws on top of the main casting are for making the whole set-up square to the table (90deg).
The 2 large nuts on the front use the same wrench as the arbor nut.
Hope this helps.
Stay safe and watch those fingers.

Dean Souleles
10-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Thanks - that's very helpful.
What is the purpose of the two large knobs on the right hand side of the fence?

Dean

Jon Toebbe
10-01-2007, 11:14 AM
What is the purpose of the two large knobs on the right hand side of the fence?
I believe those are the knobs that allow you to switch the fence from tall and skinny to short and wide (good for narrow rips -- more hand room, further from the blade). I've had real good luck with Delta's customer service. Give them a call, and I'd be willing to bet they email you a pdf or mail you a hardcopy of the manual at no charge.

Jon

Dave Watkins
10-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Loosening those knobs allows you to slide the fence back to use as a stop for crosscuts or to swap the fence position from the high fence to a low orientation. There are two scales on the ruler, one for the "regular" fence height and one for the lower so keep that in mind when reading it.

Enjoy,

Dave

John Gornall
10-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Remove the 2 large knobs, slide the fence off, pull the plate and threaded rods out and you can reverse the fence for cutting on the other side of the blade. A very versatile fence!