PDA

View Full Version : DeWalt 10 Amp Reciprocating Saw?

Pat Germain
09-30-2007, 11:00 AM
I somehow managed to stay with the same company for fifteen years. This makes me eligable to choose a gift from a small catalogue in appreciation for sticking it out so long.

Among many clocks, jewelry and luggage selections is a DeWalt 10 Amp reciprocating saw with case. I'm thinking I'm going to select this saw. (It's the only tool in the catalogue.)

I've never owned a reciprocating saw before. I like DeWalt tools, but does 10 Amps make for a decent saw? Although it's free, I want to be sure the catalogue company isn't trying to unload a failed or recalled model on me. The catalogue doesn't list a model number.

Thanks.

keith ouellette
09-30-2007, 11:05 AM
I have one and I have used it to cut 2x4's, large nails, metal pipe and to cut a piece of 1in angle iron. Great all around tool. 10amp is plenty for almost all aplications.

Pat Germain
09-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Good to know. Thanks, Keith!

Can I gloat yet for getting a free power tool? Or, should I wait until I've actually used it?

Joe Spear
09-30-2007, 3:20 PM
I have a DeWalt 10 amp reciprocating saw that I got from Lowes as part of a set with a DeWalt corded drill. They were on sale, and I got the two of them for $60. The saw works very well--plenty of power for all the cuts I've had to make with it.

Jim Becker
09-30-2007, 3:46 PM
I would have never believed I'd use a reciprocating saw much...until I bought one. Very handy, both for the obvious and for other tasks that come along every once in awhile... ;)

Anthony Anderson
09-30-2007, 8:14 PM
I have the DeWalt DW304PK 10 amp Recip Saw, and it works great. The saw has a blade chuck/clamping system that allows the blade to installed/used verticle or horizontal relative to the saw body. Very handy feature. Very nice saw, you will like it. May not use it all the time, but when you do, you will be glad you have it. Congratulations, Bill

Pat Germain
09-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the info, everyone. I appreciate it.