PDA

View Full Version : Woodworkers Warehouse Out of Business

Boyd Gathwright
02-03-2004, 11:12 AM
Yesterday I made a trip to the WOODWORKERS WAREHOUSE and discovered that it was closed down. I ran into another woodworker, who also traveled a good distance, about hundred miles next state over, at the same time who like me was surprised. According to the neighboring merchant the bank closed them down completely nationwide. He said that the guys who ran this particular store did not know until the day it happened. We asked about the equipment inside and were told that they had had a two-week sale which neither of us new anything about. For all of those who don’t know, the WOODWORKERS WAREHOUSE is closed down and out of business. :(

Boyd

Dennis Peacock
02-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Yesterday I made a trip to the WOODWORKERS WAREHOUSE and discovered that it was closed down. I ran into another woodworker, who also traveled a good distance, about hundred miles next state over, at the same time who like me was surprised. According to the neighboring merchant the bank closed them down completely nationwide. He said that the guys who ran this particular store did not know until the day it happened. We asked about the equipment inside and were told that they had had a two-week sale which neither of us new anything about. For all of those who don’t know, the WOODWORKERS WAREHOUSE is closed down and out of business. :(

Boyd

Evidently they are NOT via mail order or internet. I just got a new catalog from them just yesterday and I placed an online order with them just 2 weeks ago. I had read that they were closing the stores but that was about 2 months ago.

Since WW'ing stores don't really exist in the state of Arkansas, I don't pay a lot of attention to all this stuff 'cause it means much of nothing to me and my supply chain. Most of my ww'ing stuff comes via internet and FedEx or UPS..........I do wish this would change and at least get a Woodcraft store in Little Rock....but I don't believe it will happen.

A trip to Woodcraft for me is traveling to Oklahoma City, OK or Tulsa, OK and that is only a 6 hour or so drive.....ONE WAY!!!!

Boyd Gathwright
02-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Man, Dennis, that’s about a three hundred mile or so haul for you. :(

Boyd

Evidently they are NOT via mail order or internet. I just got a new catalog from them just yesterday and I placed an online order with them just 2 weeks ago. I had read that they were closing the stores but that was about 2 months ago.

Since WW'ing stores don't really exist in the state of Arkansas, I don't pay a lot of attention to all this stuff 'cause it means much of nothing to me and my supply chain. Most of my ww'ing stuff comes via internet and FedEx or UPS..........I do wish this would change and at least get a Woodcraft store in Little Rock....but I don't believe it will happen.

A trip to Woodcraft for me is traveling to Oklahoma City, OK or Tulsa, OK and that is only a 6 hour or so drive.....ONE WAY!!!!

Kurt Aebi
02-03-2004, 1:17 PM
Dennis,

I haven't been able to get anything but "Bankrupcy" information from either web site that I know about for Woodworker's Warehouse. I have woodworkwerswarehouse.com and trend-lines.com and both send me to a screen to contact the bankrupcy court in Delaware to file a claim.

Maybe you are getting them confused with Woodworkers Supply, which still has their NC and WY stores and their catalog is still active too.

From everything I've read, as of January 31, 2004 Woodworker's Warehouse (aka Trend-Lines) are no more.

Dennis Peacock
02-03-2004, 1:35 PM
Dennis,

I haven't been able to get anything but "Bankrupcy" information from either web site that I know about for Woodworker's Warehouse. I have woodworkwerswarehouse.com and trend-lines.com and both send me to a screen to contact the bankrupcy court in Delaware to file a claim.

Maybe you are getting them confused with Woodworkers Supply, which still has their NC and WY stores and their catalog is still active too.

From everything I've read, as of January 31, 2004 Woodworker's Warehouse (aka Trend-Lines) are no more.

Kurt,

You are correct sir.....my mistake and I admit it. Sorry guys and gals...

Kurt Aebi
02-03-2004, 7:55 PM
I got them confused myself for a few years too.

I thought Eagle America went out of business when they closed their Wells Maine store a few years back - then I saw an add for their catalog and realized they had a store and warehouse in Ohio