PDA

View Full Version : Electrical?

Mel Reed
09-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi All, I have been reading all the posts about the squirl cage fan air cleaners.I have one it is 115volts,2.9amps 1 Ph. it has a capasitor with 2 brown wires that go into the motor.All so 1blkwire hi,1blu wire med hi,1yel wire med lo,and 1red wire lo.can any one tell me how to hook it up to power?Where can I find a web site that will help me?
Thanks All Mel Reed:)

Randy Denby
09-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Mel, L1 (hot) goes to one of the speeds, Neutral goes to Yellow ...yellow is not a speed tap....unless you have a white wire coming out of the motor too, then possibly. The 2 brown wires go to either side of the capacitor.Youll need flag terminal ends to attach the wires to the capacitor. On the 2 unused speeds...cap or tape them off seperately (not together!!!)If you want to be able to switch speeds, then you'll need a 3 position switch. In which case...the L1 now goes to the common of the switch, then red goes to one (low), blue goes to 2(med), black goes to 3(hi) on the switch. Only one speed is being served by the hot (L1) at a time

BTW. make sure the capacitor terminals are not touching anything when finished and it is secured...

Randy Denby
09-29-2007, 11:23 PM

I did a rather crude drawing in paint...see if this works

Hey !!! I dood it :) Please dont make fun of my drawing........:(....sheesh , my switch is awhole lot bigger'n my motor....oh well, maybe you'll get the idea:D