PDA

View Full Version : Offset Wrench or Xtreme Xtension?

Raymond Fries
09-29-2007, 2:01 PM
Has anyone used both of these and could offer advise on which is the better choice? I am going to mount a DW625 router to a Plunge Lift and just realized that one of these would make bit changing easier.

Stephan Postmus
09-29-2007, 6:28 PM
I have the xtreme extension and I can truly say that I am not all that happy with it. I bought it thinking it would be easier to put in router bits in my M12V. Boy, it made the vibration in the router from hardly anything to bouncing out the little metal disk in my incra router plate, that covers the hole for my router raizer lifter. I would rather have an offset wrench.

Just my $0.02
Stephan

keith ouellette
09-29-2007, 8:13 PM
I have the xtreme extension and I can truly say that I am not all that happy with it. I bought it thinking it would be easier to put in router bits in my M12V. Boy, it made the vibration in the router from hardly anything to bouncing out the little metal disk in my incra router plate, that covers the hole for my router raizer lifter. I would rather have an offset wrench.

Are you sure it isn't defective? They don't look that big. My M12V has basically no vibration. I was thinking of getting the xtreme extention and would like to know.

Raymond Fries
09-29-2007, 8:27 PM
I never thought about vibration and I was leaning towards this option as it looked better than the wrench. Keith asks a very good question. I looked Woodpeck and they say it is balanced; if this is true then it should not vibrate. This is very interesting. Thanks.

Art Mann
09-29-2007, 8:49 PM
The device comes with a set of instructions that tells what to do if it vibrates. I followed the directions and had mine runing as smooth as if it were the original collet. I used the Xtreme Xtension for several months before building a new table top, making it unnecessary. No complaints.

Randall Sullivan
09-29-2007, 9:41 PM
I have an extreme extension. I followed instructions several times over. I even replaced the bearings in my Makita 3612. The instructions suggested that slowing the speed may be necessary. I do this and can get by but would not recommend the item.

Randall

Jim Becker
09-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Offset wrenches from Woodpeckers for me...