PDA

View Full Version : Heading to SWAT

Dave Smith
09-29-2007, 12:58 AM
Sandy and I will be hitching up the fifth wheel to Babe the Blue Ox Saturday and heading to Wichita Falls, TX. I will be making a couple of presentations on the alcohol drying process at the South West Association of Turners symposium. Hope to see a lot of old friends and make a few more.

We will be traveling I84 through OR into ID then picking up US 30 in Pocatello to I80 and on to Cheyenne, WY. Then head South on I25 through Colorado to Raton, NM and hang a left onto US87 to Dumas, TX. From there we will be traveling on US 287 to Wichita Falls, TX. Any intrepid souls along the way up to a short visit or cup of coffee? We will be checking email along the way and checking into the forums.

Dave Smith

Wood pickler from Longview, WA.

Joe I. Perez
09-29-2007, 1:20 AM
I live in Wichita Falls, I have always been a fan of wood turning but I have not quite made the plunge into the vortex since I live in an apartment. When and where is the presentation that you mentioned? I would like to try and attend if at all possible.

Jude Kingery
09-29-2007, 1:22 AM
Dave, safe travels and have a blast; I'd be there except we'll likely pass ya'll going exactly the opposite way on the same roads. Have an art show in Pueblo, so for us it'll be 83 N, then swing over through Canyon, Amarillo, up to Dumas, then to Raton and into Pueblo. We'll miss being there with you guys, have a great time! Jude PS - read your article on the alcohol drying process, very interesting, well written, thanks for sharing that!

Jude Kingery
09-29-2007, 1:25 AM
Joe - see if this'll link you up, should: http://www.swaturners.org/symposiuminfo/symposiuminfo.shtml
Hope so! It's a great symposium! Jude

Harvey M. Taylor
09-29-2007, 7:06 AM
Hey, Dave,I think you will win the prize for being the one that came the greatest distance to the symposium. Max