PDA

View Full Version : Tool programs

Brian Keith
09-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Anyone know of a free program that keeps track of tools? I found an old one that consist of the tool name,when bought,how much paid ect. I would like to find a newer program. Thanks

Bill Huber
09-29-2007, 12:08 AM
Do you have office, if so you can set one up in Excel really easy. If you have Office Pro with Access you can set up a database in it very easy.

I have not gone out looking in a long time but there was some free database programs out there at one time.

Dean Thomas
09-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Brian,

I have a set of really good sheets (PDF format) that are primarily aimed at power tools. They are not only to detail info about the tool and it's purchase, but to track maintenance performed and factory recommended specifics on that PM.

Let me know. You could certainly use the info on the sheets to set up an Excel spreadsheet or a more detailed Access database. Good stuff!

Jim Becker
09-29-2007, 12:25 PM
If you use Quicken for your personal finances, there may be a home inventory applet in the menu, depending on what version of the program you have.

Dean Thomas
09-29-2007, 5:37 PM
Did a little google-ing to see what one could see. Found a couple of Access databases that might have some promise. Depends on what you really want the records for. If you're looking for a serial number, date purchased, price, name, model type record only, you might try here (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010186491033.aspx?pid=CT101172541033) for a free download. The picture will share the basics of what's held in the record. If you don't have Access, there are some freebie self-standing home inventory programs out there that could work.

Hope it helps.