PDA

View Full Version : Automatically running a job twice on ULS System

Scott Shepherd
09-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Just a quick, simple question. I have some jobs that require running the job twice. On the Epilog system, you could just enter "Number of Copies" in the print driver screen (well, outside of the Epilog print driver) and it would run the same job as many times as you wanted.

In trying this on the ULS, the "Number of Copies" field on the windows driver appears to have no affect.

Is there a way to run the same job more than once automatically?

Thanks in advance!

Dave Schneider
09-28-2007, 1:32 PM
If you are cutting from files created in Illustrator you can just put one cut line on top of the other and it will cut everything twice. I would guess that you could do the same in Corel, or set a second cut line in a different color and plot twice that way with one send.

Nancy Laird
09-28-2007, 1:38 PM
Scott, I presume that you are talking about doing multiple runs of a single graphic. You'd have to stop the machine anyway to replace material, just hit the start button again and it will run the same job as many times as you need it. I'm doing some jobs that require 8 or 9 runs of the same graphic--as long as the laser is on, the job is still there.

Nancy (84 days)

Craig Hogarth
09-28-2007, 2:13 PM
Nancy, Scott is different from ours. From what I understand, the jobs are run from the PC and not sent to the laser. Similar to a printer, where you just can't hit a button on the printer to do it all over again.

Nancy Laird
09-28-2007, 2:16 PM
OK, I guess the PLS is different from the M series.:confused:

Nancy (84 days)

Mike Mackenzie
09-28-2007, 3:05 PM
Scott,

When they went to XP that function did not work any longer we have been asking them to add it back in. I do not know all the details involved in putting this back into the driver.

Once the file is is the system even on the PLS all you have to do is hit the start button again.

The other way is to duplicate the image on top of each other and change the color to something below what you are using and put it to the back. Then the system will engrave Black first and then red second and green third etc.

You can use the same power settings on the different colors and then just print it once and it will repeat it twice.

Scott Shepherd
09-28-2007, 4:29 PM
Thanks to all. Mike, tell them "1 vote yes, please put it back please".

Yes, I know you can hit the start button again once it's finished! Come on, do I really come across as THAT simple? ;) Wait....don't answer that.

Problem is what I'm engraving is almost good enough with one pass. Two passes makes it perfect for my color filling. One pass looks great, but when you color fill, you can see where it didn't quite go all the way through. Hence the problem. Not normally a big deal, but I'm knee deep in work right now and I'm doing about 4 jobs at the same time, lasering one job, color filling others that have been lasered, cutting vinyl letterinig, and weeding the vinyl that has been cut.

So a lot of the time when the laser stops, I stare at it and think "Was that the first pass or the second?", hence my question.

When you click on "Print", the first window that comes up before even chosing the driver, has the number of copies. On the Epilog, if you put 7 in there, it would run the same job 7 times.

I finished the job about 1 hour ago, so I'm all done with it for now, but would like to see it put back in the future :)

Nancy Laird
09-28-2007, 4:37 PM
Yes, I know you can hit the start button again once it's finished! Come on, do I really come across as THAT simple? ;) Wait....don't answer that.

Problem is what I'm engraving is almost good enough with one pass. Two passes makes it perfect for my color filling. One pass looks great, but when you color fill, you can see where it didn't quite go all the way through. Hence the problem. Not normally a big deal, but I'm knee deep in work right now and I'm doing about 4 jobs at the same time, lasering one job, color filling others that have been lasered, cutting vinyl letterinig, and weeding the vinyl that has been cut.

So a lot of the time when the laser stops, I stare at it and think "Was that the first pass or the second?", hence my question.

Sorry, Scott, I didn't understand what you were trying to do. No, you are NOT simple, and I hope you didn't think I was thinking that.:( Now that I understand what you were doing, I understand your question.

Friends again?

Nancy (84 days)

Mike Mackenzie
09-28-2007, 4:52 PM
Scott,

Are systems used to work that way as well that is why we want to get it back.

Mike Hood
09-28-2007, 5:13 PM
Group the graphic you wanna hit twice (or part of the graphic) and then align that one right on top of the other. Then when you print, there'll be two instances in the one job.

I guess I'm not understanding all of this fully though. You can't hit "start" and print a job again?

Scott Shepherd
09-28-2007, 8:15 PM
Nancy, of course! I was kidding. No Mike, I'd rather not have to hit start twice. If I'm busy working on something else, I'd rather not have to stop what I'm doing to come back to the laser and hit the button again. Sounds simple, but when you're trying to do many things at once, it will run you to death. I'm coming off about a 80 hour week, with this weekend finishing it all up, and I'm looking for anything and everything that will make my life easier. I'd much rather hit the button once, have it run twice, and be done with it. That way I return the laser every 7 minutes instead of every 3 1/2. Half as much up and down for me while I'm doing other things. It was quite simple before and a function I used frequently, especially when doing braille.

I think the solution has been mentioned twice now, duplicate the graphic and we'll be all good. That's easy enough for me and that's what I'll do. In fact, I like that better than entering the number of pages. This way, it'll always be with that job, which is what I want.

Darren Null
10-01-2007, 6:27 AM
Isn't there an "always overprint black" option somewhere in Corel?