PDA

View Full Version : my latest pens - part 1

Jeffrey Fusaro
09-28-2007, 11:16 AM
artist sketch pencil - green "crushed velvet" acrylic.

polished with micro-mesh cloth, then three coats of wax.

"mini LOML" (my daughter, amanda) picked out this piece of acrylic, so this pencil - complete with matching green colored lead - is hers.

patriot pen - black & gold acrylic.

GO STEELERS!

cigar pen - kingwood with eight coats of cyanoacrylate finish.

junior gentlemen's pen - amboyna burl with oil & urethane finish and three coats of wax.

Tony De Masi
09-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Some beautiful work there Jeffrey. I would say the black and gold is my favorite but being a Patriots fan I just can't do it.:D

Tony

Paul Heely
09-28-2007, 11:25 AM
Great looking pens Jeffrey. I really like the look of the amboyna burl.

Any special reason for 8 coats of CA on the cigar pen? Normally hear about 3-4 coats so was just wondering.

Rich Stewart
09-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Very nice looking pens there. Where do you get your artists sketch pencil? I got a couple from Penn state but they have a different top. I like yours better.

Paul Heely
09-28-2007, 11:28 AM
The artist sketch looks like the same kit I've been using and I get mine from CSUSA.

Jeffrey Fusaro
09-28-2007, 11:32 AM
tony--

my B-I-L is moving to boston, after living the first 40+ years of his life in pittsburgh. i keep ribbing him and asking him if he's gonna become a patriot fan. he just scowls...

paul--

the second set of four coats of CA are coving up the portions of the first four coats that were sanded thru. my first attempt at CA finish. live and learn.

rich--

all of my kits came from craft supply.