PDA

View Full Version : Our 1st Craft Fair

Paul Heely
09-28-2007, 7:59 AM
Did my first craft fair this past weekend. This was a one day affair at a local church's annual fair weekend. The plan was to use this as a dry run for doing other fairs, it was inexpensive to enter and about 2 miles from my house. Was pleasantly surprised that we sold 5 pens and consider that a success for this particular fair. Also on the plus side it was a beautiful day and LOML definitely enjoyed working the booth with me.

One other thing about the day. It was a really good feeling to have people you don't know, family does not count, part with their hard earned money for something you made.

Tony De Masi
09-28-2007, 8:15 AM
Congratulations Paul. I hope this is just the start for you. Great looking display too.

Tony

Paul Heely
09-28-2007, 8:28 AM
Thanks Tony. We hope this can be something that we can do together on a regular basis throughout the year.

I'd like to take credit for the way the display looks but LOML gets all the credit for that one. She insists that if I did the display everything would be lined up in a row according to height :rolleyes: .

Greg Savage
09-28-2007, 9:49 AM
Great to hear of your success. One word of caution....On a nice day the Easy-Up canopy that you are using is just fine........BUT.......On a windy day these are the first "tents" to fold inside out or blow away. Even weighted, these light-weight structures can't handle anything but the mildest of weather. I use a Craft Hut with at least 70lbs of ballast on each leg.

Patrick Taylor
09-28-2007, 9:52 AM
Great booth Paul! Congratulations.

Bernie Weishapl
09-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Congrats Paul. Well done.

Jeffrey Fusaro
09-28-2007, 11:01 AM
paul--

very nice display.

congrats on your sales, too!

George Guadiane
09-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Congratulations!
May this be the low point of your craft fair experience (may things only get better from here).

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-28-2007, 12:29 PM
Nice selection of pens, etc. I also like your display. Very Professional.

Continued success.

Bruce