PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
09-28-2007, 6:47 AM
Friday September 28th, 2007

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

This marks the final days of September. Hard to believe 3/4ths of 2007 is behind us.

Weather is more fall like in these parts. Trees are continuing their change over and some of the colors are spectacular. I've noticed some differences in the colors this year and was wondering if it's due to the long drought we had earlier.

I'm going to try and get back into the shop and do something, even if it's only to clean up. Keep waiting for Al, but he keeps getting lost I guess?

Of course Saturday is UW playing and then Sunday the "PACK" invades the HHH dome. Also, the Kansas race on Sunday.

What are you up to for this weekend? I hope it will be enjoyable and productive and above all "SAFE".

Have a good one.

Karl

Matt Meiser
09-28-2007, 7:48 AM
After being gone the past two weekends, we'll be catching up on stuff around the house. The garage desparately needs to be cleaned, LOML has bulbs she wants to plant and there's lots of other little stuff to take care of. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon my brothers are coming over to help put the tub in the bathroom--once that's done, I can check the master bath project off my list. And I got started on a new drill press table one evening this week which I'll probably spend some time on.

Tony De Masi
09-28-2007, 8:00 AM
I'll be up the the tree stand by 0600 as it's the beginning of bow season. Not going to be the greatest weather so I'll probably only get in a couple of hours. Then, hopefully, it will be shop time.

Sunday will be spent with my son and daughter in law.

Tony

Greg Cole
09-28-2007, 8:26 AM
Let me see, Saturday I will be sitting in the stands as KS Speedway for a few hours.... followed by a few more hours in the same spot on Sunday. We were fortunate to get tickets from the owner of the company I work for....:D
I am bringing my 6 year little dude with me Saturday, it is his first real race and he's awfully excited (but he doesn't know he won't be seeing Dale JR on Saturday). Sunday it's the big guys day out.... tailgaiting in the Nascar nation (beer for brunch).
So I won't amount to much this weekend round the house or shop.... and won't complain a bit.

Cheers.
Greg

Tyler Howell
09-28-2007, 8:35 AM
Got a long "honey do" list. Wanna put a for sale sign up soon. So It's turn and burn.
Family time on Sun. It's been a rough week with my sister in the hospital and the end of the fiscal year at work.
A few prayers if you can spare them.
Welcome to God's country Packer fans. Enjoy your stay and leave your money.:D
Thanks and have a safe week

Jim Becker
09-28-2007, 8:40 AM
The weekend is just a continuation of this week for me as I was once again on vacation..."use it or lose it" time as Sunday is the end of my employer's fiscal year. So I'll be back in the shop working on more cabinetry for the addition and doing various other things normal to our family weekend.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-28-2007, 9:37 AM
Saturday..........some co-workers and family coming to town. 22 of us are taking a 200 mile roundtrip jet boat trip into Hell's Canyon followed by a cookout at our humble abode.

Sunday relax! For the LOML and me both.....gone last weekend...preparing for a home invasion by coworkers on Saturday evening......Sunday....Relax!

Thoughts and prayers headed to you and your Sis Tyler!

Brent Norrod
09-28-2007, 12:41 PM
I was hoping to finish my new router table, and clean up the shop in prep for Holiday gift making.

Yesterday I found out I have to work in Atlanta for 2.5 months, flying home for weekends.

That allows me just enough time to fix everything the 5-kids break during the week. :(

Norb Schmidt
09-28-2007, 1:25 PM
Where are you going to be in Atlanta? That's a long time with nothing to do for the evenings...

- Norb, in Cumming (far north atlanta)

Eric Gustafson
09-28-2007, 1:55 PM
Whoever first said, "one can never have too many clamps", never thought about where to put them! So, I am going to build that rolling clamp rack that Norm had on NYW last week. I have got to do something with all these clamps! :rolleyes:

Michael Weber
09-28-2007, 2:07 PM
Want to get the tenons cut on stock I'm using to join two halves of an arched gate arbor for a fence for my daughter in Eugene, OR. Eight 2x3X30 inch boards with 1 inch square tenons to fit in through mortises in each half.

Norb Schmidt
09-28-2007, 2:44 PM
I'm heading up to Milwaukee for the Fine Furninshings show. I'm sure some Creeker's will be there - likely selling their wares. I'm going for inspiration - I find that I'm a good imitator, but not a good innovator.

Bill Wyko
09-28-2007, 2:46 PM
My projects came to a screeching halt because of my Powermatic contractor saw. I tilted it to a 45* angle and it got stiff at about 40 degrees. But when I tilted it back my blade was miss aligned. I contacted Powermatic and they were very willing to make any repairs necessary through a service center here in Tucson. But when I contacted them, They told me the guy that does that work won't be back until the 8th and I should call back then and schedule the repair. They had an OH WELL kind of attitude. I'm not real happy about that. The rep in the Arizona area is supposed to get back to me today but as of yet no reply. So there goes my woodworking for this weekend. Of course I have my first artisan fair in about 3 weeks and plenty to get done between now and then.:cool: I really hope they get on this asap.

Brent Norrod
09-28-2007, 3:36 PM
Where are you going to be in Atlanta? That's a long time with nothing to do for the evenings...

- Norb, in Cumming (far north atlanta)

My orders say Hewlett Packard in Suwanee. SWMBO is wondwering what I'm going to at night too ! I can use some time to draw up some new plans !

Fred Voorhees
09-28-2007, 4:00 PM
No shop time this weekend as it is the final countdown to the annual (but probably our last) trip North to Syracuse,NY for the annual Super DIRT Week stock car races on the one mile dirt track on the NY State Fairgrounds. This has been our annual trip for over twenty five years, but things have changed over the years and not to our liking. So, last minute prep and loading, some final things to clear up and just a weekend of relaxing and maybe some yard work. We leave Tuesday morning for a week.

Brent Norrod
09-28-2007, 4:14 PM
No shop time this weekend as it is the final countdown to the annual (but probably our last) trip North to Syracuse,NY for the annual Super DIRT Week stock car races on the one mile dirt track on the NY State Fairgrounds. This has been our annual trip for over twenty five years, but things have changed over the years and not to our liking. So, last minute prep and loading, some final things to clear up and just a weekend of relaxing and maybe some yard work. We leave Tuesday morning for a week.

Now that sounds like a good time !

I love that track ! We used to make an annual trak to the flattrack motorcycle races. I don't think it's been on AMA's circuit for a while now.

Fred Voorhees
09-28-2007, 7:59 PM
Now that sounds like a good time !

I love that track ! We used to make an annual trak to the flattrack motorcycle races. I don't think it's been on AMA's circuit for a while now.

Yup Brent, the AMA's haven't been there in quite a while. That track is simply to damned fast! Here is a link for a whale load of pictures from a DIRT Week a year or two ago. Gives you a good idea of what I'm in for.

http://www.southjerseydirtracing.com/2005SDW/sdw05.html

Rich Engelhardt
09-29-2007, 6:16 AM
Hello,
It's 6:00am and daylights burning! :D

- Bi-fold doors install - 1 set in the (almost) finished basement, and two sets upstairs.
- Final touches on trim work in the (almost) finished basement.
- Ceiling in the half bath of (almost) finished basement.
- (fun part) Build a framework around a steel support pole in the (almost) finished basement, finish it off to look like a column - crown molding top and bottom, and bead board sides.
- Cove molding in the kitchen.
- The electrician is done moving some outlets, so there's some drywall needs patched & finished.

With a fair amount of luck & a lot of sweat - this should be the last weekend of 18 hour days & our (SWMBO & I) lives can get back to some sort of normal. LOL! Till next house that is!LOL!
Hopefully - time permitting -this winter, I can put together a critique of the work we did, some pictures of before and after & some "tool reviews".

Al Willits
09-29-2007, 3:09 PM
Well, I tried again Karl, and if you lived in Bismark I'd be cleaning like crazy...I was doing ok till I hit the road construction and seemed to have got side tracked. :)

Ending our weeks vacation and running out of Ibuprofen so just taking it easy this weekend, raining anyway so no golf or fishing.

I am building the cabinet for the Rigid sander and something must be wrong as all the pieces are square this time, all that forum info must finally be settling in...:)

Someday I hope to graduate from newbie status...maybe soon...I hope.

Go vikes....perferably far away, and build your own dam stadium

Al

Terry Kelly
09-29-2007, 3:46 PM
Going to take in some scrap copper today and retrieved my older son from bowling then off to see my mother in law at the nursing home, then sunday have a b-day party to go to and the LOML wants to get fall decorations up so we'll be getting corn stalks, hay bales, gourds and the like and then I'll have to get out the halloween deco's,my fav being the toe pincher coffin I built last year. Grew our own pumpkins this year got about a dozen, 3 nice biggin's (abit larger than a 5 gallon pail) the rest like bowling ball and basketball size. Not bad for a first time, my 2 sons were thrilled to see them grow as well as the wife and I. No pumpkin patch there next year though thats wher the new shop/garage is going.:D

Jude Kingery
09-29-2007, 4:09 PM
Always enjoy reading what everybody's up to; ya'll are great! Al, thanks for making me and my husband laugh, you witty guy!!!

This morning met good kiting friends from Austin who are here for the Balloon Fest and to put on team stunt demos for the crowd and a kite making workshop for kiddos. Super group of folks, and it was good to see them. We always do Junction's Kite Retreat every May and see them and a bunch of kite making friends. Today for me it's messing with the chainsaw and some Mesquite, wax, and truing up a Cherry bowl that's rather large and probably cut a bit too wet so have some warps and one small crack. Used CA on it which I very seldom do, but thought this really warrants it and a tight bungie, this morning it looks like a good heal. Getting ready for an art show in CO next weekend and visit my husband's family and my family. Everyone have fun! Jude